Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake M42? new to collecting...

Article about: Hi can someone please tell me if this helmet is real or fake ? im new to collecting. thanks

Default Fake M42? new to collecting...

Hi can someone please tell me if this helmet is real or fake ? im new to collecting. thanksFake M42?      new to collecting...Fake M42?      new to collecting...Fake M42?      new to collecting...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M42?      new to collecting...
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I believe it is an M35, can't help with originality though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I am sorry to say that it looks like a fake M42 "style" shell as the edges are not rolled, but it has pressed vents like the M35. That is simply not correct for any period helmet, also the paint and decal would not be right for a period piece. Sorry, but it is a one look copy. Leon.

Looks like a fake everything to me. Possibly Chinese made for the re-enactor market.

Agree with the other guys - so wacko to see a vent ferrule in a model 42..... these copiers are off the planet!!!

edit - not flared enough for a M42 - more like a 35/40 without the rolled rim!!
    Last edited by Danmark; 07-16-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: changed mind - woman that I am!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's a Spanish model z post war helmet that someone filled in the extra liner holes to make it look like a m35