Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fake normandie helmet?

Article about: hello guys Annoyed from this ads?   i got a question I can buy this helmet but is it original? the seller says he is 100% original but where must i look for? hope you guys can help me g

Default fake normandie helmet?

hello guys

i got a question

I can buy this helmet but is it original? the seller says he is 100% original but where must i look for?
    hope you guys can help me

greetings ricardo

fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?fake normandie helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake normandie helmet?
    P
    Many

I don't like it, looks like modern spray paint to me but that's just my opinion. Some others will be around to chime in though.

I am not writing this one off yet. Cant wait to see the experts opinion... Might be a one look no, but Its not a pop off the screen fake, to me... Don't spend money on my word though.

I dont like it the wear doesnt look right to me.

A quandry, there are elements I like and elements I don't like. The dark brown for example has been sprayed over many chips, scratches and especially the crown of the shell so that is suspiscious. Also, why is the camo applied to the inside of the skirt? Very odd. What are those odd scratches areas under the brim near the c/s bales? They look like tool marks, a chisel perhaps? Yet the wear to the rolled edge and the rust appear convincing. Overall I would not be satisfied with this, especially given the likely price that is being asked.

Hi, it's not one I would go for personally. I will admit that it has been pretty well done, especially around the rim as Glenn says but for me there appear to be to many intentional areas of wear/damage and I am not keen on the shade of tan either. Leon.

?

For me this is a clear postwar repaint heavily toolmarked. Note the lack of wear on the original paint layer and the width of the some of the hits to the paint, made by the exact same tool over and over. Magnification might even show the same wear marks from the head of the tool. Pass.

?

What kind of tools? at the moment for me the tan/ochre maybe postwar and the rust/brown and green may have been added later, I'd test the paint I doubt the liner belongs myself.

Regards
    Eric

Total fake and why the hell camo the inside of the shell?....

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    What kind of tools?
    A wide, flat blade...I figure a chisel or something similar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast