Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or real?

Article about: I recently got my hands on a german helmet. I was wondering if it is a real one, which type it is and what the value would be.

?

Default Fake or real?

I recently got my hands on a german helmet. I was wondering if it is a real one, which type it is and what the value would be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or real?   Fake or real?  

Fake or real?   Fake or real?  

Fake or real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or real?
    P
    Many

?

Terrible fake on a Spanish period helmet.

- - ------- - -

Not only the helmet is wrong, also the decals are on opposite sides.

Spanish helmet, repainted with fake decals applied. Pity really, these Spanish helmets are quite nice in their own right.

Amazing...

i agree with gimmie and robin and not germanic in origin ,only in appearance the shell is hard to date but first introduced into the spanish army around 1942 your example still bears the francoist insignia frontal bracket which is the red flag to compare with the german stahlhelm ,the liner has been upgraded to the last liner assembly introduced some time in 1979 ,paintwise i would strip it back to its originality and display it for what it truly is ,a shame this example has been tampered with ,im still yet to find an m42/79 for my collection as they never seem to come onto the surplus market and when they do they are mocked up
    kind regards james

wow really bad helmet, and i don't even collect for that long, but i can see this is a spanish helmet with an upgraded liner. Original spanish helmets had a 3 pad liner system. Later they got this set up. But boy...such a shame to see a nice helmet to be destroyed in this way... if it was original and left as it was it was worth more then it is now...By the way the anchor point on the front for the badge, 8 liner pins, ventilation holes, this liner(and the older 1) and the thin steel mostly gives these helmets away as Spanish helmets.

It is always important to post an item here for an accurate opinion before parting with your hard earned money. It is apparent you are new at this so guidance is needed. The fake decals are even posted in reverse as to what they whould be. I hope you can attain a refund.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.