Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Feldherrenhalle

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Having been one of the few collectors to own a Feldherrnhalle helmet, I would like to make my observations. I found mine in the late 0's at an apartment sale in Chicago for \\$3

Default Re: Feldherrenhalle

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Having been one of the few collectors to own a Feldherrnhalle helmet, I would like to make my observations. I found mine in the late 0's at an apartment sale in Chicago for $3.00! It was the first known example to be in an American collection. I concur that the majority of these helmets are reissued M-35 Luftwaffe helmets painted a distinctive brown color. I have seen two original examples that are not previous Luftwaffe helmets. In 1938, a cadre of the Feldherrnhalle men were transfered to the Luftwaffe. I am sure that is what this helmet is trying to represent. In 1939, that group was transfereed to the Heer. A Feldherrnhalle helmet with a Luftwaffe eagle decal is rarer than the standard Feldherrnhalle helmet. I personally do not like the decal as the color is slightly off. I strongly doubt the originality of this piece.
    Thanks for your expertise Bob, any chance you could post pictures of yours? I'd personally be interested to see as I have only seen perhaps 3 accepted originals ever, I'm aware of Doug B's example which is the standard M35 I believe.

PS. $3?!................... I dream of days like that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrenhalle
    P
    Many

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Thanks for your expertise Bob, any chance you could post pictures of yours? I'd personally be interested to see as I have only seen perhaps 3 accepted originals ever, I'm aware of Doug B's example which is the standard M35 I believe.

PS. $3?!................... I dream of days like that.
    I traded it off over fourty years ago so pictures are not possible. It was a watch commander's helmet and had a white band painted around the body of the helmet. I saw pictures of it years later in a book and some numbnuts had scrapped two thirds of the white band of the helmet with a razor blade!
    About fifteen years ago, someone doing a motel buy had two pristeen classic brown Feldherrnhalle helmets walk in. That was a nice score.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Having been one of the few collectors to own a Feldherrnhalle helmet, I would like to make my observations. I found mine in the late 0's at an apartment sale in Chicago for $3.00! It was the first known example to be in an American collection. I concur that the majority of these helmets are reissued M-35 Luftwaffe helmets painted a distinctive brown color. I have seen two original examples that are not previous Luftwaffe helmets. In 1938, a cadre of the Feldherrnhalle men were transfered to the Luftwaffe. I am sure that is what this helmet is trying to represent. In 1939, that group was transfereed to the Heer. A Feldherrnhalle helmet with a Luftwaffe eagle decal is rarer than the standard Feldherrnhalle helmet. I personally do not like the decal as the color is slightly off. I strongly doubt the originality of this piece.
    Thanks for the input. Jim G.

?

Thanks for the interesting information. The helmet is actually on the German Ebay site if anybody wants to look at it. After being duped a few times, I'll stay away from this one. I have requested some closeups of the decal for future reference.

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for the interesting information. The helmet is actually on the German Ebay site if anybody wants to look at it. After being duped a few times, I'll stay away from this one. I have requested some closeups of the decal for future reference.
    It had the look of eBay.de, with the swastika removed like that .

?

I'm fortunate to have owned a couple of these and handled another, mine is one of the better FHH examples out there and traded my old one to Anders, and having studied these in some detail, can conclusively say this is a complete fabricated helmet.

?

Have not seen this thread before, but can only fill in that the helmet is a total fake.....
    FHH helmets are rare, very rare. I know about 15 original ones in collections.

Quote by Anders View Post
    Have not seen this thread before, but can only fill in that the helmet is a total fake.....
    FHH helmets are rare, very rare. I know about 15 original ones in collections.
    Hi Anders, I hope my relic condition example is included in that assessment. Jim G

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Anders, I hope my relic condition example is included in that assessment. Jim G

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Is there a thread on that one Jim?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2