Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Finally!

Article about: yesterday i received my very first, original, untouched, never been in a collection, vet bringback, complete helmet! (well, complete enough. i put a reproduction drawstring on it.) I am prou

Thumbs up Re: Finally!

Hi Obkrieger

It's a keeper, personally I would remove any repro items attached to it but that's a matter of personal choice, any info on that white paint or is that the metal comming through? Location the vet acquired this helmet?

Greetz

Nick VR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finally!

from what i could get from the surviving family, i think it was an occupation vet pickup. i would imagine he got it from another soldier for 5 dollars or some similar situation while he was stationed there postwar.

and its not paint or metal, but actually some really weird substance that i cant even describe. i feels like fabric, but its not. lol i dont even know what to make of it and im afraid to take it off.

also, i put the repro drawstring to hold up the liner so you could see it better. the liner was pushed really far back, almost like it had something in it during storage for several years.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Thank you for the info.I have never bought a helmet because of the serial number or size but this was something someone told me just want more info on that.I bought a helmet a couple of months ago and the size was 68 the guy was trying to get more money because it was a large size I told him the size did not mather was I wrong.
    thank you again for your help always willing to learn.
    My wife always thought that size matters. She has been walking around with a grin on her face since may of 65. I also have her convinced that 6 inches is a foot long.
    By the way that is a real nice helmet you have there.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    My wife always thought that size matters. She has been walking around with a grin on her face since may of 65. I also have her convinced that 6 inches is a foot long.
    By the way that is a real nice helmet you have there.
    Good one.

ha,,,dont be daft,,,LOL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2