Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally have a new German Helmet!

Article about: The day has finally come, a new german helmet has been added to the group! Awhile back I received a Gasmask/Gas Canister combo that has been camouflaged and issued to a solider in Flak regim

Default Finally have a new German Helmet!

The day has finally come, a new german helmet has been added to the group!

Awhile back I received a Gasmask/Gas Canister combo that has been camouflaged and issued to a solider in Flak regiment 30. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...number-158836/

Since then I had been looking for a helmet to accompany the can and I finally found one that works well. Its a nice Luftwaffe SD M42, NS64 Lotnbr D293. Straight from the start I loved the look of the green overpaint, even with those pesky white spots. I also prefer my collection to be used and salty, which this one defiantly is. The decal does look like its been dug from under the camo but it doesnt bother me to much. On the inside its named to a "Heidler" and has a nice original liner, cant see a date on the liner band though. Chinstrap is all there, has a lightly printed Rbn Number on the tip but hard to read and photo.

Overall I am extremely happy to have grabbed this one and I got it for a good price. Looks great with my gas can as well on the shelf, now I just need to start getting a Flak badge, collar tabs.....

Cheers
    Jason

Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!Finally have a new German Helmet!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally have a new German Helmet!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Finally have a new German Helmet!

Beautiful helmet, I really love NS Luftwaffe M42's.

Matching camo like this is tricky to do, these look pretty good together

They compliment one another very, very well. Great combo!

Looks great mate! Love the personalised helmets

Nice one Jase, well worth the wait! I LOVE the "Darth Vader" flared skirt this one has too!!!
    Now I'm hanging out for mine to arrive!
    Cheers, Dan

Lovely helmet that's, by the looks of it, most definitely seen some action... I'm actually starting to like the look of M42's more and more, they've got this intriguing "no nonsense" attitude and look about them that the M35s and M40s are lacking.

What a beautiful pair! Is the adler hand painted, or is it the remnants of a decal?

That is indeed a beautiful helmet!

Regards,

Corey

Thanks for your comments everyone. So very happy to have this one. Was lucky with it as I had my eye on it for awhile but lucky it didnt sell off beforehand.

Joe, its a standard decal, or what's left of it anyways. I think its been dug from under the paint at some point in its life and its left the shadow.

Though I can always add another helmet to the group, my wife says I now need to sell one to bring another in. I need to work on that though as I said to her I still need an SS, and M38 FJ, a nice DAK lid.......

Cheers
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast