Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish M55/ M40 German Style Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, its been two years since I've posted something, and i finally have something interesting. I recently bought a Finnish M55/ m40 style German Stalhelm from IMA-USA.com for \\$98.99, (i

Default Finnish M55/ M40 German Style Helmet

Hey guys, its been two years since I've posted something, and i finally have something interesting. I recently bought a Finnish M55/ m40 style German Stalhelm from IMA-USA.com for $98.99, (i payed an extra $10 for the best in stock without extra liner holes in shell). All i can say is that I'm really happy with my purchase. These helmets aren't really clones like the Hungarian or Spanish helmets, these ones were made in Germany during and after the war for the Finnish military. Since i could not find any production stamp or evidence of sanding (It was illegal for West Germany to make profit off Third Reich products after the war, so manufacturers would sand off old production stamps on war time era shells to sell them as new), which makes me believe that this helmet is from the contract Germany had with Finland in 1955. A nice original helmet none the less.
    I also purchased a reproduction liner from IMA-USA aswell.
    But i have one question, i have no idea how to remove the old, Finnish liner to the reproduction German. I need to purchase the reproduction pins from ATTHEFRONT because they are more accurate than the IMA ones. So if someone here knows how to, or if there is already a thread about it, please let me know. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish M55/ M40 German Style Helmet
    P
    Many

Dear 2ndRangersWW2,

I would not change the Finnish liner (assumed helmet and liner are original ones). The helmet has its own right and own historical background. IMO this would be more worth than a reproduced liner in it.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I agree with AM..... leave it be, too many have been converted.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "