Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fire/Police Helmet

Article about: Cheers Guys, Since joining WRF recently I'm basically a buckle and sometimes dagger collector. I do have 2 helmets and picked this one up from Dave S (super good guy) a few months back for a

?

Default Fire/Police Helmet

Cheers Guys,
    Since joining WRF recently I'm basically a buckle and sometimes dagger collector. I do have 2 helmets and picked this one up from Dave S (super good guy) a few months back for a good price. Just curious, looks like a corpse-cut helmet; what do you experts think?

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fire/Police Helmet   Fire/Police Helmet  

Fire/Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fire/Police Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hi Jeff,

Looks like you picked up a nice example there.
    I can't see anything that might indicate a corpse cut lid though.
    The chinstrap looks to have broken due to the age of the leather IMO.
    Cool score from Mr Shirlin

Brad.

?

Thanks Brad, the interior looked a bit darker etc - cheers.
    Jeff

Nice lid, I doubt that is bloodstaining, it would be almost black and rotting if it were blood, it just looks heavily worn or maybe treated with something at one time, all IMO of course. Dave S is a great dealer.

?

I concur, some leather rot happening there. Blood staining has a nasty effect on leather, it turns hard and brittle and crumbles / cracks out. Still a nice example, and Dave's good people for sure.

A super pick up from a good guy! I agree that this is not a "corpse cut" example. I would guess that the original owner just liked his Brylcream or similar and that has altered the liners tone and texture. Leon.

?

Just a word on "corpse cut" collector terminology, I own an FJ helmet as part of a large grouping directly from the family in Germany. The helmet has what one would consider a corpse cut strap, however the soldier was seriously wounded and the medic cut the strap and the helmet was sent with the soldier.

Anyway I find that interesting and thought I would share the story. That said, I used to own an SS single decal M40 that was vet direct with a cut strap and was told by Dave as who I bought the helmet from that along with the vet information he said he cut the helmet directly off the soldier and saved the helmet as a souvineer. I probably should have kept that helmet now that I think about it.....damn.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Just a word on "corpse cut" collector terminology, I own an FJ helmet as part of a large grouping directly from the family in Germany. The helmet has what one would consider a corpse cut strap, however the soldier was seriously wounded and the medic cut the strap and the helmet was sent with the soldier.

Anyway I find that interesting and thought I would share the story. That said, I used to own an SS single decal M40 that was vet direct with a cut strap and was told by Dave as who I bought the helmet from that along with the vet information he said he cut the helmet directly off the soldier and saved the helmet as a souvineer. I probably should have kept that helmet now that I think about it.....damn.

Hi Doug, The DD FJ you got from me was probably a "death cut" as the concussion crack on the dome suggests an unfortunate end for the soldier. I miss that one as well. Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Doug, The DD FJ you got from me was probably a "death cut" as the concussion crack on the dome suggests an unfortunate end for the soldier. I miss that one as well. Jim G.
    I could see that Jim, for sure. It's being well taken care of don't worry. :-)
    One day I am sure it will make its way back "home" lol.

nice,i would think a pretty rare lid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast