Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First Helmet

Article about: hello gents! this is my first helmet! i would like to know if the decal is real (im asking because i got it from ebay, ya never know...). sorry if the pics are too big/small uploaded from my

?

Default First Helmet

hello gents! this is my first helmet! i would like to know if the decal is real
    (im asking because i got it from ebay, ya never know...).

sorry if the pics are too big/small uploaded from my ipod, i also see that the liner pins say IKA42, does that mean it was reissued in '42?
    Thanks.
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: First Helmet

IMHO it's trying to be a trasitional. But judging by the distinct "line" around the edge where the decal is, it looks as though the decal has been applied, half cocked painted around, and then removed. This would send alarm bells ringing, only to be fair, the pictures are not the best to be making judgement on. The liner pins "should be" early ones, and it should be fitted with a 31 liner. The shells real (WW1 Austrian) as to the decal? anyones guess with those pictures, sorry

I can't say about the decal either way, but an Austrian is a great "first helmet" for anyone!
    And they are getting expensive.

The shell and paint look ok but I can't say anything about the decal with these pictures.

?

I guess I need to find a better camera.

?

How about now?