Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First M40 helmet

Article about: Hello! this helmet is the first ww2 produced combat helmet that I own! which kind of paid a little too much for (\\$150) but I like it a lot so it's alright. Looks like an SE66 and a couple 8'

?

Default First M40 helmet

Hello! this helmet is the first ww2 produced combat helmet that I own! which kind of paid a little too much for ($150) but I like it a lot so it's alright. Looks like an SE66 and a couple 8's

First M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmetFirst M40 helmet

it used to look like this! and under the NRA decals were evenworse, fake tricolor and luftwaffe decals!
    First M40 helmetFirst M40 helmet
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First M40 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: First M40 helmet

It looks like that might have been a good Luftwaffe decal, actually. I don't see a tri-color. Whoever put those NRA decals on there is an idiot.

?

It looks Ok but I think you paid to much.

Maybe a bit over priced but a nice solid shell!...

What did you do with that net? I don't know exactly how an original net should look, but I have a strong feeling that yours might actually be period.

?

Looks like it had a period overpaint too.
    Not a bad shell, and displays well.

Brad.

?

I asked the seller about the net, he said that the net is period but was added by him from somewhere, I actually display it with the net on and it's kept on by some RAF goggles.
    John

?

It had an ugly bright, fake water transfer luftwaffe decal on top of the original and a tri color on the other side-i removed those!
    John

Quote by jonobo View Post
    I asked the seller about the net, he said that the net is period but was added by him from somewhere, I actually display it with the net on and it's kept on by some RAF goggles.
    John
    Post the net seperately. If it turns out to be a good one, you got a pretty good deal I'd say. Some people will pay stupid money for those things.

Interesting lid. Not for $150 but if you're happy with it, down there in Southern MD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast