MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

First M42 stahlhelm

Article about: by helmetone The bottom line is being happy with whatever you have. If you like this post war repainted shell and want to restore it in some way, than go for it. It's not a helmet for me, bu

?

Default Re: First M42 stahlhelm

That's the catch I'm buying it from a guy who has no idea what its actually worth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First M42 stahlhelm
    P
    Many

That's not what I meant. I meant upgrade as in resell this helmet and save for an all original. Putting an original liner in this helmet is like putting lipstick on a pig. This helmet does not deserve an original liner.

Hey ripper! Nice starter helmet, i received my first one today. Im starting with relics so one day i can sell them and hopefully afford a nice, original complete one. They fill a space and keep me happy for now!

?

Ooo... right didn't understood you helmetone.Well I don't want to resell it... And i suppose you are right,but still i want to equip it with a liner. Sooner or later i am going to buy an all original one.There's no need for me to save for one I've got the money needed for one.

?

Thanks edelweiss123

lol ok. Than skip this one and go buy that original

?

I will try

I think its good for new collectors (like myself) to buy relics/semi relics/shells. Simply because it gives you hands on feel about how the helmets should feel, the shapes, the construction etc... without risking and spending a large amount of money. A reference book it great, but you cant beat a hands on experience. I see it, at the end of the day, they are still helmets. They were still worn by a soldier and seen the same action as a complete helmet, so to me, their historical importance is equal to any complete helmet, some one has to love them!

?

Hey guys,can any one give me an idea how to remove the black paint because underneath i can see the original paint job?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I think its good for new collectors (like myself) to buy relics/semi relics/shells. Simply because it gives you hands on feel about how the helmets should feel, the shapes, the construction etc... without risking and spending a large amount of money. A reference book it great, but you cant beat a hands on experience. I see it, at the end of the day, they are still helmets. They were still worn by a soldier and seen the same action as a complete helmet, so to me, their historical importance is equal to any complete helmet, some one has to love them!
    There's not much to learn from a helmet that doesn't even have the original paint anymore , if you think this helmet provides a learning experience you are sorely mistaken I'm afraid.
    There are two paths you can follow as a collector , those in actual good and complete condition or ground finds. Both paths have fakes , junk and A+ grade collectible helmets. Yes even ground dugs helmets can be really interesting and have decals , a liner etc... much more interesting than a post war fireschutz used helmet without a liner and a decal. This one doesn't fit in any of the two paths.

I crinch when I read how much people want to make helmets like this into something they are not , the penultimate combat helmet.
    Someone can love them , may love them but it is what it is. A post war overpainted shell. Its only link with the past is the steel and the shape.
    Yes it's cheap and there's a reason for it.
    Saying that you a value this equally to a complete untouched example is just ludicrous and absurd.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast