MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help

Article about: Hi All First of all let me say Hi I have been viewing the site as a guest recently and took the plunge to sign up and seek your assistance ,if you dont mind! My Father passed away last year

Thanks for the help
    They will all be sold, not sure where would be best. Perhaps listing here to ensure they go to collectors rather than dealers on eBay taking advantage of my nievity
    Sounds rash perhaps but I have no desire to keep them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help
    P
    Many

Quote by dillonuk1 View Post
    Thanks for the help
    They will all be sold, not sure where would be best. Perhaps listing here to ensure they go to collectors rather than dealers on eBay taking advantage of my nievity
    Sounds rash perhaps but I have no desire to keep them
    Our classifieds would be a good place for you to list them, that way you know that someone who is interested in preserving history will be interested in them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just because we're collectors doesn't mean we'll buy just anything, quite the opposite in fact.

The "nievity" is all yours thinking anyone's going to "take advantage" of you with these... "dealers on eBay" might be vultures*, as you so nicely infer, but not usually stupid, nor can anyone make money reselling junk. That is a fantasy...

The only redeeming feature to this whole thread was the lovely pics of Schwerkunpt's helmet.

Gorgeous helmet, great pics, well done mate!

* I checked with Google, it seems like all the "dealers" who hang out on eBay looking for stupidly priced genuine Third Reich items died of starvation quite a long time ago.

PS When you put things on eBay with a regular opening bid price (as opposed to knowing the price of an item and listing it as a Buy It Now), the market usually sorts itself out meaning people will only pay what it is worth, and hopefully less. People don't usually like to pay a lot for junk, although this particular theory of mine is in fact debunked daily on eBay, to my continual amazement the world is not in short supply of stupid people with play money...

Quote by Larboard View Post
    nor can anyone make money reselling junk. That is a fantasy...
    Unfortunately, this happens all of the time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Some of the rarer ones would do well here , eBay for some of the more common ones . Have you disposed of the rest of the collection ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Unfortunately, this happens all of the time.
    Ralph.
    Sadly, you're right...

CBH
    ?

You can't hassle someone who doesn't want a collection , where would collectables come from if collection weren't broken up ! If I inherited a sports card collections I'd sell it , because it doesn't interest me . It's not like these 20 helmets were worn by his grandfather in the Great War . It's just a collection .

Hell of a problem to have bud. I'll make you an offer on the second box of helmets if you are wanting to get rid of them!!

Please let us know where his items are being sold as some of us my be interested
    in buying / bidding.

Thanks
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Post #22 (helmet 2 from box) on the Allied Helmet section, its a British airborne helmet, someone will be able to identify the unit, also there should be a stamp on the leather liner band near the strap fixings 'BMB' with a date, that is going to make a difference in the value. It looks good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast