Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help

Article about: Hi All First of all let me say Hi I have been viewing the site as a guest recently and took the plunge to sign up and seek your assistance ,if you dont mind! My Father passed away last year

MAP
    ?

Although most of us here would be loath to admit it ( LoL me included and others can disagree) there is usually a market/buyer for almost any original shell (Good/bad, repainted, fake decals, etc.) although not to true collectors which most of us are.

Just be truthful in your description for these (i.e. the repainted original shells with fake liner and decals) and price it accordingly. You never know, someone may be interested in buying one of these just for the shell and properly restoring it for reenacting.

And be prepared to know that it will take a long time to sell some of these less desirable ones. Some of the others however might sell quick as you can see already that there is some interest in some.

Now..the helmet in post #21. I know Chris (CBH) noted that it is a WW1 M16 shell and at first glance I agree. It might just be the pictures but the visor does not seem to have enough of an arch (i.e. seems to be too low to the surface of the chair) and the vent lugs are not correct compared to other WW1 helmets . I was thinking a commercial helmet but it does have the M16 style chinstrap rivets that I haven't seen in the few commercial helmets I've seen. That said, I do not know enough about them. Happy to be proven wrong. And would love to hear thoughts from others
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post - Inherited German Helmets, Help
    P
    Many

Good point map, I would be interested in the lesser ones just to add to the collection as for me I collect all type of helmets just for display in the man cave for conversation and coolness lol

CBH
    ?

Sorry post # 22 is a British Airborne helmet (date and marks Very important )
    Also post # 21 as stated by MAP
    I'm not a helmet guy , I only dabble 12 or so . Sorry
    And there seems to be a market here for your shells , maybe sell them all here .

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Please let us know where his items are being sold as some of us my be interested
    in buying / bidding.

Thanks
    Hi
    Well i may well put them all up on here as it has been pointed out the classified section here would get a lot of attention from serious collectors.
    But i first have to be sure of what each item is and its value. You guys have been most helpful so far so it shouldnt take too long, i do have another 2 or 3 boxes of hard helmets. Then i'm onto the soft caps and office hats and whatever else i find - i do konw there are a number of helmet tins so i'm hoping there are some treasures within!

Thank you.
    I'm not a helmet collector but I would like to find a nice ww1 German helm
    to display with my other items.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

If you think helmets are fun , just wait till the peaked caps come out . This forum doesn't like to give out appraisals , but they will tell you exactly what you have , you'll just have to look up a comparable ones price . Then price accordingly .
    You have the problem we collectors could only wish to have . Please post some photos of the medals and badges also .

Quote by CBH View Post
    If you think helmets are fun , just wait till the peaked caps come out . This forum doesn't like to give out appraisals , but they will tell you exactly what you have , you'll just have to look up a comparable ones price . Then price accordingly .
    You have the problem we collectors could only wish to have . Please post some photos of the medals and badges also .
    I shall try and get a few caps on this evening for you all.
    As for the medals, they are all in a safe now as we have identified and valued them accordingly.
    There are lots of cloth badges, not sure if that is something you guys can help with?

Quote by dillonuk1 View Post
    I shall try and get a few caps on this evening for you all.
    As for the medals, they are all in a safe now as we have identified and valued them accordingly.
    There are lots of cloth badges, not sure if that is something you guys can help with?
    I think you received all the advice we can give here about your helmets based on the quick snapshots , if you need advice on the other items best open a topic in the appropriate forum.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I think you received all the advice we can give here about your helmets based on the quick snapshots , if you need advice on the other items best open a topic in the appropriate forum.
    Yes i shall setup another thread for the other bits, i was merely inquiring/chit chatting

MAP
    ?

And please post each of them in their own individual thread (in the correct sub forum) with good clear shots. Medals, badges, visors, caps etc....

As for your medals. You note that they have been identified and valued. But a word of advice, there are many fakes out there, MANY, so unless you had the opportunity to have a qualified expert review them, I would still suggest you post those as well.

Please read and follow the rules of each sub forum. They are usually pinned at the top. For medals, please use the correct terminology
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast