Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

First time helmet buyer

Article about: Hi all, new member alert but reading loads of posts an excellent site full of info. Looked on here for reputable helmet dealers and although I'm from the UK the best dealers are in the US, f

Default First time helmet buyer

Hi all, new member alert but reading loads of posts an excellent site full of info. Looked on here for reputable helmet dealers and although I'm from the UK the best dealers are in the US, found myself a helmet I'm interested in buying from,

Germanhelmetsinc.com (number 819 about 3rd of the way down the original helmets for sale page) for $650 which isn't a lot I know but I would like an original worth what I pay.

I really would appreciate some opinions on the helmet, I believe it only has a maker stamp not a batch code and no stamps on the liner, would this be normal on an original helmet?

Thanks in advance, Andre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First time helmet buyer
    P
    Many

The helmet is 100% correct. Ken is a reputable dealer. Jim G.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    So that this thread can be useful as a reference for others at a later date, please save the photos and upload them directly to this thread.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread should help.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

As Jim said, Ken is a good dealer. But you did the right thing by asking first. Even the good guys get it wrong sometimes. But he does have a guarantee so if any concerns after inspecting it can be returned

I'm sure there are some high quality dealers in the UK as well as Europe as well.

The helmet looks fine, and if it is your first, it is a great way to start. While Ken does not mention it, there should definitely be a Lot/Batch # on the rear of the shell. Liner looks fine as well to me.

Ralph: Here are the pictures

First time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyerFirst time helmet buyer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

what a beautiful helmet, cant get much better than this...

Welcome to the forum, that is a very nice example of a single decal M40 Luftwaffe helmet. The only thing I would add is that as you are in the UK (like me!), be aware that you may get stung for import tax on the helmet. On items around this value I have had to pay an additional £70 or so to release them from the post office due to customs!! That said, 60% of the time you get away with it as customs really seem to be looking for designer clothes and sunglasses! Leon.

When you take into account the current exchange rate, the cost of the helmet with probable postage charges is about £550. As the dealer is a reputable dealer he will put the proper value on the customs declaration, and you will almost certainly get maced for the import duties. This will put the cost of your helmet to about £620. 'Regimentals' currently have two M40 Luftwaffe helmets for less than that.

Thank you all for the welcome 👍I have looked at literally 100s of dealers websites and just about every helmet I found (around my budget) had a question mark in my head which at least for my first one I want to be right, but posting on here was to help confirm this with hardened knowledge and for this I thank you all.