Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Fresh out of an attic this week. M40?

Article about: Sometimes it pays to let people know what you collect. A Electrician mate of mine found this. He was in the attic running a new cable, moved some old glass wool insulation and this was below

Keep in mind, Rod, that the war has been over now for 71 Years. If it was messed with, say, in 1960 by someone who wanted to make themselves a cool camo helmet, it could well have sat in there for over 56 years. Regardless, it's still a real helmet and an interesting find. No matter, It is what it is!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fresh out of an attic this week. M40?
    P
    Many

Thank you William point taken. No many MacDrosten’s in this part of Scotland. Just joking!
    Something nice might come out of this. I was telling a joiner (carpenter) about this helmet today, on a attic conversion job coincidently. and what did he say. He said I’ve got a german helmet at home, a bloke from the range (local MOD range) gave it to me when I was boy in the 70s. Want 40 quid for it, sounds like a M42, doesn’t think it has a beaded rim. Problem is he says its black with no decals. Hopefully its something nice, will see him again next week.
    Rod

MAP
    ?

Maybe just aged field grau....a lot of people don't know jack about this hobby and no matter how many questions you ask, they can't answer it probably. I've been there. once asking a gentleman to describe a decal...he kept saying "it's just a swastika, nothing else". I asked him if it was surrounded by red. He said no. Of course it turned out just to be a party shield on a fire helmet

But you never know, it might be a bikers helmet or a rare early SS Himmler style helmet....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well for forty quid you might get some rare type of allgemeine helmet or a postwar czech refurb, but don't forget to post it here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3