Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Garde Kp 5 Camo Twins

Article about: Hey guys, got in a few new helmets over the past couple of months and have some time today to post one or two. Here is an old one and a new one, with many grateful thanks to the seller. It i

?

Doug it was an opinion why say same hands then? don't get me wrong heck I love these lids.
    Your understanding from where? this normally happens imo as few as a couple of words are typed/spoken and next it snowballs and ends up in books and taken for granted by the community via these blooming computers.
    Most of the Guard Divisions went through extensive training one off me thinks the 2nd without checking for over two months! I ask why the numbers and in different colours they had to be a reason than a mere company designation imo.
    A couple of years ago I asked some old boys been collecting since year dot they didn't know or could point to documented period facts either. Sorry I think its lazy historical research have you any idea how many years collectors have asked the same questions about these lids? Orders documented lets see em.. the champagne is still corked!
    Don't hit me I'm a nice person..what makes you think a slightly different position of these numbers makes any difference, just asking.

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garde Kp 5 Camo Twins
    P
    Many

?

It was common for these to be painted en masse - like the period photo I posted - paint colors match, shield and numeral on the back.

Regarding the company number or whatever you want to call it, it is clearly an identifying number of a group of soldiers. Company not regiment or battalion is what makes sense. Whether it's collector terminology or not I do not know. I've seen them since I bought my first one at 14 years old some 36 years ago and never heard it referred to as anything else.

?

For someone who is so particular on decals I find it hard you state the hoz. shields and camo match, me they dont but they are not my lids, enjoy.
    btw I'll think you'll find it a tall order matching WW1 camoes done en masse unless they are like the specific region jobs shown in the pictures.

Regards

?

Eric I know you are not one to ever back down from a comment and the last word you always have to get in. I have read your opinion now several times. Thank you.

Your act really gets annoying, did you know this is why everyone I know wants you tossed out of any forum you participate in.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Eric I know you are not one to ever back down from a comment and the last word you always have to get in. I have read your opinion now several times. Thank you.

Your act really gets annoying, did you know this is why everyone I know wants you tossed out of any forum you participate in.
    Does this mean I'm not invited to your next barbecue unless I'm on a spit? really if you don't want to talk just say so in a pm, Jesus! have a nice day.

Eric

?

Certainly some very nice Helmets Doug, you seem to find the finest helmets around!

I love the camo schemes, and the "5" painted on the skirt. Extremely nice helmets.

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Does this mean I'm not invited to your next barbecue unless I'm on a spit? really if you don't want to talk just say so in a pm, Jesus! have a nice day.

Garde Kp 5 Camo Twins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3