Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, just bought this applegreen German worn helmet with a singular decal. I am new to collecting German militaria, but I am a cautious buyer. This helmet is from a trusted seller

MAP
    ?

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    How much (in USD) would I be looking at for a normal generic common authentic grey stalhelm?
    The ones in our classified are priced fairly (two of which I provided links for). The difference generally being the condition of the decal, liner, etc.

If you are looking for a no decal M42 (historically the least expensive but getting hard to find due to fakers tarting them up), this is a decent one...

M42 German Helmet HA-215 – River Valley Militaria

Or a single decal Heer at a fair price...

http://virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4246

It is always best to buy the most helmet you can afford (even if it means putting the pocket change in a jar for a few more months). The better the helmet, the more easy it is to sell if you need to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Applegreen 1 Decal Helmet
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    You have been given some very good advice by the members here.
    They will not steer you wrong and the only thing I can add to this is, make sure that whoever you buy from gives you a full return policy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help and support. MAP, thanks those are some nice examples I look into those more. I think they're fairly priced and they look nice and authentic. I am still a little surprised on the $400+ on normal grey plain helmets now, I don't know the market well but I expected it to be around the $200 range. Are German helmets good investments in your guy's opinions? I don't know the market as I said before, but it seems to me that the prices on these things are rising at a steady pace. That's just my look at it though. Thanks again.

-Jamie

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help and support. MAP, thanks those are some nice examples I look into those more. I think they're fairly priced and they look nice and authentic. I am still a little surprised on the $400+ on normal grey plain helmets now, I don't know the market well but I expected it to be around the $200 range. Are German helmets good investments in your guy's opinions? I don't know the market as I said before, but it seems to me that the prices on these things are rising at a steady pace. That's just my look at it though. Thanks again.

-Jamie
    Did you read my signature line at the bottom of my posts??? LOL

Personally, I don't look at these as investments as I don't collect for that reason....and there is never a guarantee. The past few years has seen a little see sawing of prices but appears to have recovered post the financial crisis. That said...the days of $200 no decal M42 ' s are long gone. In the end, a solid helmet in superior condition will always sell and appreciate in value ( assuming no external factors) over the longer term whether it is a plane Jane or uber rare example . ...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum, sorry I am late in on this one but I can only add to the misery and agree that this is one rotten egg from top to bottom. There really is nothing original about this and as Michael has said above, don't buy militaria if the end game is "investment" as with everything, value can go down as well as up! I personally am more than happy to pay what others may consider to much if it flicks my switches and keeps me happy! (there is a limit to my impulsiveness though!!) It's the "history" that counts, not the pennies for me. Leon.

Should I return this immediately?-Jamie
    Yes-return it as soon as possible!

(And, yes-I have to agree with you about helmet prices these days. But then again, I am of the vintage where I can remember looking through 6 foot high piles of helmets looking for a top condition one-all for the lofty and extravagant price of 2 bucks! We would toss aside a shiny perfect helmet because it had a broken chinstrap or a slight nick to the decal. Luftwaffe's were usually paid little attention. There used to be beat up SS in those piles as well, but we only wanted the minty Nice ones, so we usually passed on them... Japanese and Italian helmets-which no one was interested in-went for Choice $1)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks everyone for your help on this one. What a mess it would've been if I had this for say a few months or a year without posting it on a forum, and it turned out to be a fake then! I think I'll use the classifields or a trusted miliaria site (like river valley militaria or something) to add my first AUTHENTIC helmet into my collection. I really appreciate all your insight, everyone. Thanks,

-Jamie

MAP
    ?

Glad to be of service.

Let us know if this "trusted seller" (really an oxymoron on ebay) gives you your money back.

Those of us with "Pink" user names, pay a paltry fee of $25 a year to be a member here. Each item ousted as a fake before a purchase is made.... saves hundreds if not thousands of $$$$. A very very cheap investment to keep this forum up and running.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Yes-return it as soon as possible!

(And, yes-I have to agree with you about helmet prices these days. But then again, I am of the vintage where I can remember looking through 6 foot high piles of helmets looking for a top condition one-all for the lofty and extravagant price of 2 bucks! We would toss aside a shiny perfect helmet because it had a broken chinstrap or a slight nick to the decal. Luftwaffe's were usually paid little attention. There used to be beat up SS in those piles as well, but we only wanted the minty Nice ones, so we usually passed on them... Japanese and Italian helmets-which no one was interested in-went for Choice $1)
    I can't compete with that William, but when I first started collecting aged 13 (ish) I remember seeing cammo, and decalled helmets for around the £30.00 mark! Too rich for my £1.25 pocket money, but a fraction of todays cost even accounting for inflation! Leon.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Glad to be of service.

Let us know if this "trusted seller" (really an oxymoron on ebay) gives you your money back.

Those of us with "Pink" user names, pay a paltry fee of $25 a year to be a member here. Each item ousted as a fake before a purchase is made.... saves hundreds if not thousands of $$$$. A very very cheap investment to keep this forum up and running.
    I'll second that ...
    "Per Ardua"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3