Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

Article about: There is a new helmet book, German Combat Helmets 1933 – 1945 by Peter J Nash. We must warn collectors that this book is full of fake helmets!! Page after page with fake helmets and decals s

4md
    ?

I just bought this book not knowing anything about this thread. I found it through a facebook page a few people were talking about it, and it came in the mail today. I flicked through it and was dumbfounded at what my eyes were seeing. surely this guy is taking the piss!!
    bad liners, bad decals, bad information. Cant believe such a well made book could be full of absolute garbage, Its got to be a joke..... well the jokes on me i paid money for this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well the only positive from your experience is that there is one less book on the market for novice collectors to buy and believe
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As a Addem to this sad saga - Peter Nash has suffered a small stroke - which is very sad for anyone to experience. It's a crying shame that this was ever allowed to go into print. I have heard people say that is because he wanted to self certificate his own - and his son's collection, like Bradavitch .........if it's in the book - its real.......... I make no comment as I haven't seen the book yet............. but

I send best wishes to Peter - and hope he recovers soon

MAP
    ?

Sad to hear. I hope he has a full recovery.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

4md
    ?

too true I might even write something in the front and add some notes

4md
    ?

too true Map, I might even write something in the front and add some notes

Very late to this thread. Wow, definitely a book to avoid.

MAP
    ?

Does anyone know if his "German Awards, Hinges and Hooks, WW2" book is reliable?

I have a copy, courtesy of the Estate of BigNed.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Does anyone know if his "German Awards, Hinges and Hooks, WW2" book is reliable?

I have a copy, courtesy of the Estate of BigNed.
    If Ned owned a copy it must be OK .....or the big guy was taking the piss by having it.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    If Ned owned a copy it must be OK .....or the big guy was taking the piss by having it.
    LoL...I was thinking similar...but it looks untouched...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast