Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

Article about: There is a new helmet book, German Combat Helmets 1933 – 1945 by Peter J Nash. We must warn collectors that this book is full of fake helmets!! Page after page with fake helmets and decals s

Found a copy for sale. Is it worth owning just to have good photos of bad helmets and decals?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mathieu K View Post
    Found a copy for sale. Is it worth owning just to have good photos of bad helmets and decals?
    As they say, study originals and you won't need to study fakes...

That said, at the right price maybe. Plus it gets one of the 100 off the market
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

No, only if you collect helmet books...
    Buy a book that show original helmets and decals instead.

Quote by Mathieu K View Post
    Absolutely not worth owning. The photos are even crap in this book. You learn nothing from bad helmets. Put your time in studying good helmets.
    I see that the link in the first post does not link to my article , here is the first. I wrote a more indepth one a few days later.
    Book of Fakes : A German helmet book review – German Helmet Vault

I read several online reviews including yours (sarcasm appreciated). I own Baer and Ken N's books. Just bought Ken and Anders' decal book off Amazon before the prices start going up.

So, are there any threads here that will tell one who is ignorant exactly how to tell a fake from the real deal? I know that fake decals abound, but what about fake helmets?

?

The fake helmets on the market are mostly made in china or India, and have several features that is wrong and very easy to spot. The ventilation holes are far from look an original have, collectors do call the fake fisheye ventilation holes. And the markings are also easy to spot, wrong fonts, wrong place, even sizes that did not exist on an original shell have been seen.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mogadeet View Post
    So, are there any threads here that will tell one who is ignorant exactly how to tell a fake from the real deal? I know that fake decals abound, but what about fake helmets?
    Quote by Anders View Post
    The fake helmets on the market are mostly made in china or India, and have several features that is wrong and very easy to spot. The ventilation holes are far from look an original have, collectors do call the fake fisheye ventilation holes. And the markings are also easy to spot, wrong fonts, wrong place, even sizes that did not exist on an original shell have been seen.
    Mogadeet,

If there is anyone in this hobby you would want to take advice from it is Anders.

That said, I will go one step further. Forget about studying the fakes. They are constantly changing and evolving. Just focus and study original helmets. With some minimal time spent, in short order you will be able to spot a real from fake shell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I had forgotten just how bad this book is! So many one second on look from across the street terribly fake helmets!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6