Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.

Article about: German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet. Size 66 Shell has guaranteed 100% original WWII period brown camouflage paint and decals, with the standard police eagle on the left si

Default German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.

German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.
    Size 66 Shell has guaranteed 100% original WWII period brown camouflage paint and decals, with the standard police eagle on the left side and the unique Danzig crest decal on the right side. Both decals are 80% or better. When Helmet was reissiued for wwll the vent lugs were upgraded to m35 style
    Helmet retains original WWI leather liner that is soft and supple with some normal wear.
    Has anybody seen this before? Is it the real thing?
    Thanks, Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.   German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.  

German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.   German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.
    P
    Many

never seen before , do you have a photo of the inside ?
    Who guarantees this to be 100% Original ?

Here's the pictures of interior. Owner of Helmet guarantees this helmet, I have known him for years..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.   German Danzig Police reissued WWI Austrian M16 helmet.  

Ok but as it has never been posted on the forum before it will be very hard to authenticate this helmet. Odds are against it.
    Both decals designs are unknown to me. Best post this one up on German Helmet Walhalla.

Fake helmet.for sell on gunbroker 100% real.no way.
    Chris

Hi, well it's one I have never seen before so that puts me off, but I am always willing to learn if I have missed something. Leon.

CRICKETCHRIS1944, in your opinion, why is helmet and the decals fake?
    Points of interest to me. The original lugs were removed and replaced with air vent grommets - never seen that before. NEVER seen the Heimwehr Danzig police decal before - ever, in any way, shape, form, or fashion - that is astonishing. The outer shell still wears the original Austrian brown with the original decals and the strangely applied camo?! The exterior looks pretty darn real to me, certainly wouldn't rule it out. - outstanding whatever it is...

CBH
    ?

Where is Doug when you need him !

?

Never seen anything quite like this and am very much a skeptic in regards to it. That being said - new discoveries are still made occasionally that get everyone all revved up. As a collector, I look forward to those new discoveries.
    Last edited by relicz; 09-27-2015 at 01:14 AM.
    Regards,
    John

?

Agree with Chris, not real.
    That plastic "Danzig" decal is known since years as a fake.
    Common on eBay or other auction sites...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast