Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german decal

Article about: I need help abaut this german decal....is it real and what is it for? Id like too buy a helmet with this kind of a decal....this is the best picture of it ,,,sory abaut that...thanks for ans

Default german decal

I need help abaut this german decal....is it real and what is it for? Id like too buy a helmet with this kind of a decal....this is the best picture of it ,,,sory abaut that...thanks for answers..
    Attached Images Attached Images german decal 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: german decal

Mate,

Looks like a painted relic helmet to me, I'm sure the experts will sort it for you though.

Jock

never seen a decal like that before? looking forward to what the guys say!

?

Not German or a decal, but a poorly painted stencil of what appears to be some sort of weird fantasy Flemish legion insignia or something, perhaps Slovenian fantasy item. Never seen this before but the helmet from your pic looks like it was postwar painted. Please show the entire helmet, inside and out.

Not Flemish for sure!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Speaking about questionable decals, has anyone noticed if a new generation of repro luftshutz decals have made the scene? I was looking at the site The Collector's Guild, and saw a 3 piece gladiator luftshutz listed as "just arrived" (the third on in from the left in the "Political & Civil Organizations" section of the site) and did not like the looks of the decal. If anyone has had the opportunity to look at that site and has seen that piece I was wondering what you all might have to say about that particular decal. I have seen this decal on one other piece on another dealer's site and that one looked like it was poorly applied to the piece and immediately turned me off. When I saw it again on the piece on The Collector's Guild site my thoughts were "here we go again" with another influx of fake items. Please let me know if I am wrong. Thanks in advance to all. Jim G.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Not Flemish for sure!!
    Yes I know, I was just joking!

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Speaking about questionable decals, has anyone noticed if a new generation of repro luftshutz decals have made the scene? I was looking at the site The Collector's Guild, and saw a 3 piece gladiator luftshutz listed as "just arrived" (the third on in from the left in the "Political & Civil Organizations" section of the site) and did not like the looks of the decal. If anyone has had the opportunity to look at that site and has seen that piece I was wondering what you all might have to say about that particular decal. I have seen this decal on one other piece on another dealer's site and that one looked like it was poorly applied to the piece and immediately turned me off. When I saw it again on the piece on The Collector's Guild site my thoughts were "here we go again" with another influx of fake items. Please let me know if I am wrong. Thanks in advance to all. Jim G.
    Hey Jim, LS decals are not my forte, but the one on the Guild doesn't appear to be any of the high end fakes known.

Here are two of those fakes, courtesy of GHW member Jahmann.

Peter is awfully careful with anything he puts up for sale. What traits appear fake?

why is the chicken basket helmet so very expencive???

Chicken wire covered helmets are in demand and are almost always expensive.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast