Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Heer helmet

Article about: Hey guys. I recived my M1 Garand, though I don't have the camera today :/ I saw this add, it's supose to be an original german helmet with original deacals. Though to me, the finish and the

Default German Heer helmet

Hey guys.
    I recived my M1 Garand, though I don't have the camera today :/
    I saw this add, it's supose to be an original german helmet with original deacals.
    Though to me, the finish and the name inside the helmet does not look good.
    Seems to be like the helmet has been polished, but I can't say something about the decal on this.
    If I had to guess.. .. I would say it looks good compared to the other melmets I've got.
    But as I said, it looks too good to be true.

What do you guys think?

-Normandie

German Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmetGerman Heer helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Heer helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Heer helmet

Hi,it looks ok to me,very shiney as you say but that probably is just wax or something.No idea what has been going on with the lining, i would have thought that those laces holding it in would give the wearer a sore head!!There appears to be a name written in ink on the liner,is it the same?All in all i think it is ok but that all depends on the price.

Yeah, in the description it said that the old owner spiced up the colour on the decal (don't know how..though) and the "rope" holding the liner is newer, not meant for the liner anyway.
    I am not sure of the price yet.

It does look as though some of the black areas of the decal may have been touched up and then had a clear sealent applied but it is hard to tell.I still think it is a nice M40 helmet although with the problems the liner has i would be looking for a sensible price.I think that the liner band is the re-enforced type more common on the M35 if that is any help to you,Good luck with it.

Looks like a nice ET M40 that had the liner missing - someone added one ( a size too small ) and "laced" it in with ...... shoe laces!!
    I also think the eagle's background is repainted black, someone carefully painting around the bird - and maybe a clear coat over the lid?
    It would need to be around the $250-$300 mark to be worth getting ( IMO ) seeing the amount of 'interference' it has had.
    Dan

Strange colour for an M40. I'd like to have a look at this one up close, but I'd probably take a cautious punt at it.

Oh, no. I don't want it in my collection, though I have spent most of my budget this year.
    But it looked, very, very strange.

I think I would leave it alone. Just not worth the money, at least to me. If you want to spend $300 + or - a few bucks, I would buy a nice ND M42. That's just me, though.

Very unusual, I'm with Dan on this one but not sure about the Decal? almost looks like a KM? and i'd agree with a coat of clear gloss, and Faark!!!! how much drama would ya have trying to stitch that liner in with laces!!! bad enough doing them with rivets!

Cheers Phill.

Good advice here mate, unless it's super cheap I'd steer clear.