Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

german helmet

Article about: yep your right its the outer liner bands i think i confused myself and everyone else sorry for the confusion guys

Default Re: german helmet

Nice lid, yup it is an M35, it has had to tricolour removed or covered and a later liner put in (all done in wartime most likely) Definitely a Quist from the sweeping angle of the skirt at the but the vents are not the big round Q vents like you would see on an M40 or M42.

And please please don't try and remove the liner! I won't get any sleep .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet
    P
    Many

?

NOOOOOO, dont take the liner out, you just need to feel about with your fingers, whats worrying me , is that you say it could be a layer of metal, there shouldnt be one and i cannot even fathom why there is unless, and i hate to even think it, it is part of the helmet itself or battle damage, and there has been an attempt to disguise it

Yea, surely dont take the liner out, the tampering will be evident. I would like to see some pictures of that "extra metal" if possible.

i dont think its anything with it being damaged??? might just be me being stupid lol but the one i dug up in france still has a liner in it,and it does'nt have any other metal behinde the liner it may have rotted away as its not in great condition i will stick some more pictures on of the liner later then u can see if im talking a load of cobblers lol!!

?

Im afraid i have no idea what your relating to, there is absolutely no "extra" metal piece inside the helmets , behind the liner in the dome area, whether relic or not, from your picture of the interior it looks like a split in the dome, but the exterior shows no sign of damage which is confusing

Maybe you are seeing the inner and outer liner bands and getting wires crossed from that? Or maybe the little leaf suspension between the two bands? Take the best pics you can, I'm very curious

Quote by davejb View Post
    Im afraid i have no idea what your relating to, there is absolutely no "extra" metal piece inside the helmets , behind the liner in the dome area, whether relic or not, from your picture of the interior it looks like a split in the dome, but the exterior shows no sign of damage which is confusing
    I wish I could see what you can, maybe it's my eyesight, but all I can see is the chinstrap tucked back behind and inside the leather?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I must admit its got me baffled as well

?

OH bloody hell, Jerrys right, its the flaming chin strap, i have got to get my glasses changed. well done that man, that was really bugging me, now looking at it , it makes sense , cheers Jerry

Quote by davejb View Post
    OH bloody hell, Jerrys right, its the flaming chin strap, i have got to get my glasses changed. well done that man, that was really bugging me, now looking at it , it makes sense , cheers Jerry
    Good job, Jerry!

I'll be honest in saying that is what I thought from the beginning... but I defaulted to popular consensus because of my inexperience when it comes to this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast