MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German helmet

Article about: A nice looking shell with what looks like a Normandy camo , id be tempted to remove the liner and chin strap, check the liner retaining pins, see if they are dated on the prongs, they are ob

?

Default Re: German helmet

A nice looking shell with what looks like a Normandy camo , id be tempted to remove the liner and chin strap, check the liner retaining pins, see if they are dated on the prongs, they are obviously replacements, but could also be original, but not for that particular helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet
    P
    Many

Ill look into it. Thanks

The pins have "MSS 44" stamped inside the prongs. I believe everything is original except for the obvious liner leather and chinstrap leather. the liner rim has "62 n A/55" and "1939", making the 64-size helmet too big for the small liner rim, which has been taken from another helmet with the different colored pins.

If I were to get a different, original and proper size liner for the helmet, what should the markings be? Would this modification be worth it?
    I'm also still curious to the origin of the camo??

Regards,
    Finn

TheCroatian
    ?

If I were to get a different, original and proper size liner for the helmet, what should the markings be? Would this modification be worth it?
    Ummm...an original liner for that shell would be stamped with a 64 denoting size. There would be the typical other marker stamped info on the band... Size 64 liner for a size 64 shell. Dont worry you will learn all this stuff :P

I dont think it would be worth the money to buy an original liner, you wouldnt get a lot of return on the money in my "professional" opinion.

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    The pins have "MSS 44" stamped inside the prongs. I believe everything is original except for the obvious liner leather and chinstrap leather. the liner rim has "62 n A/55" and "1939", making the 64-size helmet too big for the small liner rim, which has been taken from another helmet with the different colored pins.

I'm also still curious to the origin of the camo??

Regards,
    Finn
    Pictures are not that good (unfocused) but you asked the question so I will go on and say that the camo does not look wartime done. So putting in an original liner which these days are not cheap would seem like a waste of time.

thank you for the input guys.
    Schwerpunkt, may I ask what aspects of the camo make it look fake to you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2