German Helmet

Article about: German Helmet

Default German Helmet

German Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Rene, that is certainly a German M35 helmet! Looks to be a large size, 66-68.Leon.

You are SHARP Leon Mate! correct size 66. maker?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-01-2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: changed text

I'm wondering if this is some kind of test.....and not an identification test either.........the usual responses should be positive for the first three...possibly four...along the lines of "nice helmet"..."looks great to me" then someone posts "Fake!"...and then after being asked eventually posts more information as to why...and its usually about the pressing of the air vents...there's usually something that looks a bit odd....then everyone agrees....then someone asks what a helmet like this would be worth and then three others post pics of theirs cos they don't care about the original.....and then someone starts ANOTHER similar post about another helmet [with a transfer this time and in an Agatha Christie type way EVERYONE suspects the transfer (deliberately avoiding the word "decal")..it's ALWAYS the edge, the claw or the "champagne" wot dunnit by the way]).......which again shows up on the "New Post" list under the category of "Steel helmet" getting all the non-TR-ites excited only to be disappointed when they see that it's yet another German helmet .......

do I win?

Oh I forgot...sometimes it's the inside of the rivets...something about how they're folded.....but none of this matters cos very soon another one will come along !....the BEST ones are where Poster 1 puts one up and then everyone piles in about the most minute detail being wrong...........'cos that's how they authenticate works of art.....from iPhone pictures apparently :-)

if not a test.....errrr.....it's a German helmet?????......which would look better in white with two black stripes over the top and service lettering in the gap at the front.....

cool, German helmet.

Quote by Composite View Post
    I'm wondering if this is some kind of test.....and not an identification test either.........the usual responses should be positive for the first three...possibly four...along the lines of "nice helmet"..."looks great to me" then someone posts "Fake!"...and then after being asked eventually posts more information as to why...and its usually about the pressing of the air vents...there's usually something that looks a bit odd....then everyone agrees....then someone asks what a helmet like this would be worth and then three others post pics of theirs cos they don't care about the original.....and then someone starts ANOTHER similar post about another helmet [with a transfer this time and in an Agatha Christie type way EVERYONE suspects the transfer (deliberately avoiding the word "decal")..it's ALWAYS the edge, the claw or the "champagne" wot dunnit by the way]).......which again shows up on the "New Post" list under the category of "Steel helmet" getting all the non-TR-ites excited only to be disappointed when they see that it's yet another German helmet .......

do I win?

Oh I forgot...sometimes it's the inside of the rivets...something about how they're folded.....but none of this matters cos very soon another one will come along !....the BEST ones are where Poster 1 puts one up and then everyone piles in about the most minute detail being wrong...........'cos that's how they authenticate works of art.....from iPhone pictures apparently :-)

if not a test.....errrr.....it's a German helmet?????......which would look better in white with two black stripes over the top and service lettering in the gap at the front.....
    you not know me, Grumpy!!

Nope...and if I've offended I apologise.

Any chance of more pics?

Repro chin strap, is the liner some horror?

Did it have a decal, transfer, badgy thingie on the side of the whatsit? Is it Chinese, is the glass head made by Lalique?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast