Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German Helmet

Article about: German Helmet

Quote by Composite View Post
    Nope...and if I've offended I apologise.
    All good, I get a bit grumpy on how much attention a lowly kraut helmet attracts! Sorry if I've offended you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet
    P
    Many

home made long chin strap, helmet is a reissue SE, liner not great. Bought this a very long time ago at a bargain basement price.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    home made long chin strap, helmet is a reissue SE, liner not great. Bought this a very long time ago at a bargain basement price.
    Hi Rene, I have seen a lot worse, in fact if you slap a decent chinstrap on it you will have a pretty decent reissue. It does however looking at the rear pin to have had it's liner out at some point, when that was done is anyone's guess. These plain simple lids are now climbing up in value, a nice buy. Leon.

Cheers Mate, won't change it, a replacement chin strap will cost me more than the helmet cost me! the original one went to my ss helmet! well interchangeable. oh that pin was me to see the date on it! by memory it had 38 on it, figured it was a helmet I could play with. No digital camera at the time.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-02-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Mate, won't change it, a replacement chin strap will cost me more than the helmet cost me! the original one went to my ss helmet! well interchangeable. oh that pin was me to see the date on it! by memory it had 38 on it, figured it was a helmet I could play with. No digital camera at the time.
    Ah!, fair enough, issues explained! I would like to see your SS lid Rene if you get a chance to put an image or two up. I only have the one SS M42, and that is all I am likely to get!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Ah!, fair enough, issues explained! I would like to see your SS lid Rene if you get a chance to put an image or two up. I only have the one SS M42, and that is all I am likely to get!! Leon.
    Here it is Leon EF shell ET decal

Thanks Rene, classic "milky" metallic pulver ET decal, nice to see it on an EF helmet as that is a touch scarcer (and totally correct)! Leon.

Don't know how I missed this tonight. The no decal M35 reissue as Leon says... is not a "Lowly Kraut helmet". Actually quite desirable. Lots of wartime film footage showing M35 Heer helmets re-issued with no decal, but finding one today is not easy. The buckle of the strap...the gray painted steel buckle looks original from the one pic. The long end as you say is post war or post war fabricated. At least that is what it looks to be.

The EF SS looks pretty nice too. It's an original "one look" ET decal from 10' away.

What other hardware you got stashed away Mr. Rene ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Don't know how I missed this tonight. The no decal M35 reissue as Leon says... is not a "Lowly Kraut helmet". Actually quite desirable. Lots of wartime film footage showing M35 Heer helmets re-issued with no decal, but finding one today is not easy. The buckle of the strap...the gray painted steel buckle looks original from the one pic. The long end as you say is post war or post war fabricated. At least that is what it looks to be.

The EF SS looks pretty nice too. It's an original "one look" ET decal from 10' away.

What other hardware you got stashed away Mr. Rene ?
    I've bits here and there in my junk pile, oh the long strap I made
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-03-2017 at 04:39 AM. Reason: added text & pic

No decal rubbish Quisty M40

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast