Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet with Blue and Red decals

Article about: I have an question to those of you who has experience with german helmet decals. I would like to know if someone has seen a helmet with blue and red decals, on one or both sides. Of cource o

?

Default German helmet with Blue and Red decals

I have an question to those of you who has experience with german helmet decals. I would like to know if someone has seen a helmet with blue and red decals, on one or both sides. Of cource other colour combinationes is of interest as well.

The decals can indeed look "homemade", but still i would very much like to see such helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet with Blue and Red decals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German helmet with Blue and Red decals

Here is the reason for the question, i noticed some details with the helmets these Cossacks are using in these photos from 1942. And i found this so interesting i had to ask those of you with way more experience with the German steel helmet. The book i have copied the photos from, does not mention the strange decals.

The helmets can also have other coloures than Blue and Red, since there were other Tribes as well. I only used these coloures as an example. But we see on the photos there is two shades of grey, not three as in the german national decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet with Blue and Red decals   German helmet with Blue and Red decals  

German helmet with Blue and Red decals   German helmet with Blue and Red decals  

?

So no one has seen anything like this?

Certainly not an extant example. If I had, I would want rock solid provenance to it going back to 1945.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I assume by Cossacks you are referring to Russian volunteers fighting for Germany. I've seen many variations of volunteer helmets, often they are double decal, maybe with one decal consisting of the colors of their nation's flag. If it were Russian volunteers, blue, white, and red maybe. I'm sure one exist somewhere in the world.

I have no idea. Maybe it was something distinctive for the unit. I can only guess.

Looks to be over a heer eagle. A new one for me.

?

Thank you all for your replies. Yes it is helmets worn by the so called Eastern volunteers fighting for Germany, I found these photos in the book "Pannwitz Cossacks" when i was studying unit details. To be honest I was hoping someone would come with a photo and would say "Yes here is the helmet you are looking for".

Thank you again for your answers, and please post a photo here in this thread if you see one, or find more photos of some helmets that look like this. I am crossing my fingers there will surface something like this for my collection in the future!

So many years after the war, and we still find bits and pieces that are unknown.