Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet chinstrap?

Article about: This came up for CHEAP and wanted to know if it is original, any opinions, thanks

Default German helmet chinstrap?

This came up for CHEAP and wanted to know if it is original, any opinions, thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet chinstrap?   German helmet chinstrap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet chinstrap?
    P
    Many

I have a helmet that is in need of a chin strap, so I bought this one since it was such a low price. it is unmarked, so I was thinking it could be a late war version. could it be post war? even if it is a post war, it was really cheap so I'm not hurt that bad. if any one could shed some light I would really appreciate it. unfortunately these are the only photos I have got, I could post more when it arrives.

Looks repro...in my opinion. If it smells like leather it is. Real ones have no smell or a slightly musty smell. Original, German straps can push the $200 mark sometimes more for certain markings that go with a certain shell.....LBA Luft early dated etc.....regular ones $100 to $120. You'res looks like a common repro. My 2 cents.

well I bought it for the same price as a reproduction (17.00) that's why I took a chance on it, so even if it is a repro im not out much. when it arrives I can do the smell test, and post good, quality pictures. and hopefully we can come to a conclusion.

For $17 don't hold your breath.

Yep - looks like a lightly aged European repro. Notice how
    the seller has obscured views of the buckle, which is
    a dead give-away.........
    Regards,

Steve.