Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet chinstrap

Article about: Hi guys, today I buy m42 Heer SD helmet, the helmet is original, but I can’t find enough information about this chinstrap, can you help me. Do you thing that is original or fake? Thank you!

Default German helmet chinstrap

Hi guys, today I buy m42 Heer SD helmet, the helmet is original, but I can’t find enough information about this chinstrap, can you help me. Do you thing that is original or fake? Thank you!German helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrapGerman helmet chinstrap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet chinstrap
    P
    Many

You bought a helmet and took the strap off for review ?

No, the dealer give me the strap like that. And if that strap is original, I will put it to my helmet.

Hi again friends, I’m searching for a lot information, about that chinstrap, but i can’t find enough.
    Can you guys, give me yours opinion? Thank you!

MAP
    ?

Brannik,

Sorry for any lack of feedback.

Chin straps are not my strong point. I know just enough to spot the easy fakes.

As such I reached out to someone who has decades of experience to give you some help

Looking at photos can sometimes be difficult to determine originality. And that is the case here.

To quote him....It may be a late war "patent leather" example with the glossy black but there are some concerns he has over the buckle and the stitching.

So in conclusion, to challenging to make a call if it is good or bad without holding it in hand.

Unfortunately not a definitive answer but the best I can do (actually the best my friend can do).

Maybe other people have views? Anyone?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP, yes the strap comes with m42 latewar helmet. The leather of two peaces is different (not same colour)

Looks like they remade the chinstrap with an original buckle. At least the leather on the buckle looks brand new.

Thank you schwerpunkt! Do you like the long part of the chinstrap?

More photos, any other opinions? Tnaks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet chinstrap   German helmet chinstrap  

German helmet chinstrap   German helmet chinstrap  

German helmet chinstrap  

Does the long part have 13 holes ? The point is not cut as expected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast