Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet cover!

Article about: Have a look at this it was bought in 1978 made from original WSS shelter quarter material do you think yours started out as this? timothy

Default German helmet cover!

Hello! I don't know if this was the right place to start this thread so please feel free to move it if wrong!
    So, here it is... I have no idea at all about these covers and i always find them in big-numbered prices.
    This one came up on eBay and i would like to hear your opinions! I know eBay is a poop nest when it comes to original militaria but i've got some very good items in extremely low prices that proved to be genuine!

Please enlight me on this one as it's price is too good to be true and i really like the look of it!

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet cover!   German helmet cover!  

German helmet cover!   German helmet cover!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet cover!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet cover!

Hi , I must admit that I know nothing about these covers as they have been so massively faked I never give them any attention. All that said, this one looks a bit to washed out to me although the "rocker" clips look good. The general wear just seems a bit contrived to my eye.I hope it works out for you!! Leon

First of all thanks for your reply! Secondly, do you mean that the showing age is just too much? Can't it be due to bad storage after the war or just bad treating? I agree that it looks too badly damaged in order to pass like an original but i don't know what to guess! Thanks anyway!

?

the seller is a well known faker !!!

german helmet WWII ( camo cover for german helmet) | eBay

The same as Fallshirmjager, I know little about these and generally give them a wide berth. IMO the colors don't appear to have faded as much as it seems they should given the overall wear of the cover. Furthermore, I see no wear that could not have occured artificially, or perhaps by a re-enactor using it heavily. Please note these are only my opinions, I would like to see what the experts say

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    First of all thanks for your reply! Secondly, do you mean that the showing age is just too much? Can't it be due to bad storage after the war or just bad treating? I agree that it looks too badly damaged in order to pass like an original but i don't know what to guess! Thanks anyway!
    Hi, it's not so much the damage, it is more the look like the fabric has been through the washing machine as it is very evenly faded. Just my opnion, but it looks suspect. Leon.

Garbage badly aged fake, wrong clips and everything else wrong with it, the stitching, the colours, all bad.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Garbage badly aged fake, wrong clips and everything else wrong with it, the stitching, the colours, all bad.
    Jerry knows about these things, when he speaks we listen!! Leon.

The clips are fake, ergo....

Thank you guys! That eBay is full of garbage when it comes to our field of interest! Luckily i've got an Afrika Korps cufftitle and a KRETA one for very few $$ that were tested in this forum and proved to be ok from that site!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast