Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Article about: by davejb Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint I was wondering the same thing. I thought the marks were

Default German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Hey guys I was wondering what your thoughts are on this German helmet dealer. His website is HelmetsofWar.com, this link: HELMETS OF WAR . I have purchased one helmet from him so far, but it was a few months back. He was a friendly guy and even gave me a discount. The helmet I bought was 100% original, I posted it on the forum here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...e-ef64-190620/ . He seems to have some good helmets on his site, and with descent prices. But, there are a few helmets that I am skeptical of, one of which I have posted pictures of below. This helmet was listed on his website for a few months with a low price (unusual for a camo). It is now listed on eBay with a $500 starting bid. Camo paint is not my forte; I am on the wall with this one. The wear looks convincing, but there is something about it that seems off. Let me know what you guys think about this helmet and if you have had any involvement with the dealer.

Regards,
    Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Helmet Dealer, Helmets of War.com

Just a beginner but i dont think the brush strokes belong....... Unless it's a reissue

?

Could have been done by a soldat in the field

Paint does not look new. I'd like to see the inside. Might be a good helmet. Brush strokes would be OK for paint applied in the field.

whoops, sorry about that, I had the liner picture but forgot to post it. The liner is definitely good, matches the helmet quite well

?

I kinda like it, but i would like to see the interior, i dont understand why it was on the dealers site for months then placed on E-bay , however i saw many original helmets from the set of Saving PR that had been repainted by the effects people and aged and they were very good, one of which, an M42, a friend of mine asked me to put an original liner in for him, the thickness of the repaint was what you would expect to see from an original and there was brush marks to match, the only difference being that there was still a faint paint smell, combined with sweat stains on the repro liner and even that had been aged into a dark tan colour

?

I quite like it to be honest.
    Looks to be a field applied overpaint, and wear seems ok to me.

Brad.

?

Are you able to tell what the white marks are on the interior paint, it looks like primer to me as its under the top paint

It's a lighter shade of green, but it looks to have the age and paint build up around the pins. Liner shows matching wear and tear. I'd say it's a good one.

Edit: Dave, do you think the white marks could be from being put on and taken off of a shelf?

I have two brush painted re-issue helmets and this looks OK to me. But I don't think you can call it a camo helmet. It looks like the dull Feldgrau paint added to older helmets. Are there two colors on it or is some of the old paint showing through? NH

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast