Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german helmet found

Article about: Hey guys i found this german helmet close to me, and before any further discussion with the seller i would like a few opinions. I really stick the U.S. militaria and really just to m1 helmet

Default german helmet found

Hey guys i found this german helmet close to me, and before any further discussion with the seller i would like a few opinions. I really stick the U.S. militaria and really just to m1 helmets and uniforms. I want to try and branch out so i was thinking of getting this. The owner says its a single decal helmet that has no chinstrap. He also said that its a large size 66. He gave me a price of $375. I know that these helmets can either be $100 or as much as a few thousand so any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet  found  
    Attached Images Attached Images german helmet  found 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet  found
    P
    Many

Hi, personally I think that the price is to high for this one. Much better images of the decal are needed to be sure that it is even a good one, but assuming that it is, the helmet has a lot of rusting and paint loss. Also the liner leather appears to have either shrunk or been replaced as it is not butted against the liner band. The draw string is also missing, so all in all, not a very good example for the money in my opinion. Leon.

Looks like a real deal beat up SD m42 with the original liner, as for price well that would be towards the higher end of what i would want to pay for that one.

Ok thank you, i will speak to the seller but may just pass on it altogether.

?

well for 5$ hahah i would run to it ,

but as its a five digit number that he wants for it then i would make an offer if you really like it ,

but for that kind of money i would pass on it

its was $375 sorry

Price to high.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Offer less and see if he bites. They look awesome on display.

Quote by Patches View Post
    its was $375 sorry
    Would actually sell for more in UK at the moment. I would say a fair price.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Would actually sell for more in UK at the moment. I would say a fair price.
    Yeh I have to agree. I would want more pics but it's not outrageous price at all. We are a funny bunch, we WANT our TR items to be valuable but are quick to shout ''too expensive'' on others all too often!