Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German helmet liner authenticity

Article about: Hello everybody,I need again some advice and opinion. I got this D.R.P. 1940 SCHUBERTH- WERK K.-G. BRAUNSCHWEIG Liner. I can tell the leather is 100% original,but I was wondering about the l

Ves
    ?

Default German helmet liner authenticity

Hello everybody,I need again some advice and opinion. I got this D.R.P. 1940 SCHUBERTH- WERK K.-G. BRAUNSCHWEIG Liner. I can tell the leather is 100% original,but I was wondering about the liner band.It is very shiny and aluminum,pretty much looks very new to me.(maybe a replica) Anybody can give me some info? What do you guys think about that? Is it posible the liner band to be original as well?

German helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticityGerman helmet liner authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet liner authenticity
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

That leather and band do not go together. It is an early (1935?) Schuberthwerk leather but the 1940 aluminum band is by Werner Zahn. Someone married the two together probably post war. Valuable for the parts but not one I'd put in a helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

That's a shame as the early stamped leather is sought after.

Hi, sadly as Terry has pointed out, these are original parts, but they did not start out life together as those "embossed" leather liners are early(1935 ish) and the band is obviously later. Leon.

Ves
    ?

Thank you all again.You have been very helpful as always