Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet liner? Original?

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm wondering if you can help me with this liner? Do you think its original or a Czech liner? Also comments are appreciated on the chin strap? Sorry about the pics, this is all

Default German helmet liner? Original?

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if you can help me with this liner? Do you think its original or a Czech liner? Also comments are appreciated on the chin strap?

Sorry about the pics, this is all i have for now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet liner? Original?   German helmet liner? Original?  

German helmet liner? Original?   German helmet liner? Original?  

German helmet liner? Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet liner? Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet liner? Original?

The liner is not a WWII German type, the metal grommets for the liner drawstring is a big giveaway IMHO. Sorry, but I can't comment with any authority on the chinstrap but I think it is also not WWII German.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Don't like the strap, don't know about the liner!..

Maybe some of the helmet experts could post a sticky thread on liners and chinstraps and associated helmet parts.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guy

I took a chance at a local auction for a good price and not knowing much (and my phone not having signal so i could upload pics on here grrrrr) thought id have a go. Im not even going to show the helmet on the outside as someone has destroyed it! The main reason i bought this helmet was to have a go at stripping the modern paint to see what's underneath as i havent done it before. I just thought if the liner stood a little chance it would make it more worthwhile. Still a good experience and luckily not much money lost

- - Updated - -

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Maybe some of the helmet experts could post a sticky thread on liners and chinstraps and associated helmet parts.
    That would be very useful!

Ya win some ya lose some!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Ya win some ya lose some!...
    You do indeed, and at least if i learn from it and learn how to strip the paint effectively then i count it as a win (excuse my blind positivity and optimism)

The split pins on the strap look like they could be off a Ssh39 Russian lid!...

Good call chaps, most definitely Czech. Everything about this one is typical, eyelet grommets, stitching around the inside lip, split seam at the back. From the m53 (?) helmet I think.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Good call chaps, most definitely Czech. Everything about this one is typical, eyelet grommets, stitching around the inside lip, split seam at the back. From the m53 (?) helmet I think.
    Thank you! I look forward to seeing what's under the modern paint

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast