Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german helmet original?

Article about: hello. i bought this helmet from a local guy in the neighboorhood. he say its original german helmet from 1922 standard in world war 2 with original black cross on the side. it cost me 3000k

Thomsen
    ?

Question german helmet original?

hello. i bought this helmet from a local guy in the neighboorhood. he say its original german helmet from 1922 standard in world war 2 with original black cross on the side. it cost me 3000kr. thats around 600$.

Thanks you in advance!

- Thomsen

2. # ADS

Thomsen
    ?

Default Re: german helmet original?

here is picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet original?  

Its certainly not from 1922 ,its more like 1940.its an m40 shell with odd paint ,and the ww1 cross wasnt usually on ww2 helmets.has it a liner/ i see its missing one pin.gut feeling i hope im wrong but that was far too much to pay for the helmet ,but would need to see more pictures

Thomsen
    ?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Its certainly not from 1922 ,its more like 1940.its an m40 shell with odd paint ,and the ww1 cross wasnt usually on ww2 helmets.has it a liner/ i see its missing one pin.gut feeling i hope im wrong but that was far too much to pay for the helmet ,but would need to see more pictures
    Thank you very much for your answer. What is a liner? it has nothing inside if that is what you mean

- Thomsen

I'm sorry to say this, but my honest opinion is that this has been spray painted by a biker in the 1970's so that he can wear it while riding his motorbike. Sorry but thats the impression I get when looking at it.

Hi Thomsen.... I think the general jist of it is that it isnt what you think it is.

Its a WW2 German helmet shell, with Post war paint. Worth $50 as a shell only.

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but my honest opinion is that this has been spray painted by a biker in the 1970's so that he can wear it while riding his motorbike. Sorry but thats the impression I get when looking at it.
    Thats what it looks like to me, I hope you can return it Thomsen, if not attack it with paint stripper-I mean carefully try and remove the overpaint-and see what is underneath. If there is nothing worth saving, give it a decent repaint and keep it as a reminder of what not to spend $600usd on. As a fecked with m40 shell, its worth about $50usd, if that.

Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Thats what it looks like to me, I hope you can return it Thomsen, if not attack it with paint stripper-I mean carefully try and remove the overpaint-and see what is underneath. If there is nothing worth saving, give it a decent repaint and keep it as a reminder of what not to spend $600usd on. As a fecked with m40 shell, its worth about $50usd, if that.

Jerry
    You have a point Jerry, but im sure he can go legal on this & if its messed with, then he will not have a case!

Thomsen, go speak to the seller, if no joy, you have to try the police!

Thomsen
    ?

Thank you very much everyone. I will go have a talk with the seller, but I am sure he had no idea about it being unoriginal. I'll take it as a lesson. Hopefully I will be able to return it... but enmity with neighbors is not good.

- Thomsen

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    You have a point Jerry, but im sure he can go legal on this & if its messed with, then he will not have a case!

Thomsen, go speak to the seller, if no joy, you have to try the police!
    Only follow my course of action if no other outcome is possible, obviously attempt all ways of recovering your money first.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast