Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

german helmet ostfront?

Article about: I require help for this one...I found this picture on the net. does exist some kind of helm during ww2 or is this a fake....I"d like too know some more about knowing diference about rea

Default german helmet ostfront?

I require help for this one...I found this picture on the net. does exist some kind of helm during ww2 or is this a fake....I"d like too know some more about knowing diference about real and fake helmets....rules from the form of it, colors, decals...meaning of M35 or M40, whats the diference....is there somebody who can describe my some more or where can I find answers...maybe on the net. some link? Sorry for my bad english and tnx for answers LP from SLO
    Attached Images Attached Images german helmet ostfront?  german helmet ostfront? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmet ostfront?
    P
    Many

Default Re: german helmet ostfront?

Hi LP, the paint and decals are all fake. The new red rust and fake artificial aging are a big giveaway. The wear is not natural. Original snow camo helemts are rare. Decals placed on top of the white paint is not correct, normally the decals would be painted around or painted over for winter.

You need to study original helmets. Sorry there is really no quick easy answers, I wish there were!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Agreed with all what the Ade has explained
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Yes, not a good helmet.....if you are looking to learn about the different manufacturers and the different types of helmets...I recommend The Online Guide to World War II German Helmets
    It's an old website - not sure when it was last updated but it is informative.
    Good luck!

Rob

?

that one is so bad just hope no ones going to fool for it & but it

Quote by racmanjure View Post
    I"d like too know some more about knowing diference about real and fake helmets....rules from the form of it, colors, decals...meaning of M35 or M40, whats the diference....is there somebody who can describe my some more or where can I find answers...maybe on the net. some link? Sorry for my bad english and tnx for answers LP from SLO
    If you want to venture into TR German helmet collecting the first thing to do is participate on the forums , study , read , ask questions and save up for that first German helmet.
    That first helmet is your study material. It's very rewarding hobby and new collectors are strongly advised to seek the opinions of veteran collectors through the forums.

Don't wander off by yourself ... the helmet posted is a very easy to spot fake. Even without close-ups.

The History of The German Steel Helmet 1916-1945
    By Ludwig Baer
    James Bender publishing, "THE BIBLE"