Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German helmet with overpaint.

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER I like it alot,yet another interesting helmet,but it does seem to me a bit stupid to paint it while the wire is on the helmetYou would not be able to get any cammo under t

Default German helmet with overpaint.

I really like this helmet, its a SE64 4968 named to W Muller. What I like is the fact that its an overpaint done wartime, where the chicken wire cover has also been overpainted. The wire has long since gone but the wire marks are clearly left on the surface of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmet with overpaint.   German helmet with overpaint.  

German helmet with overpaint.   German helmet with overpaint.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet with overpaint.
    P
    Many

Default Re: German helmet with overpaint.

Nice ex chicken wire helmet.
    chris

I like it alot,yet another interesting helmet,but it does seem to me a bit stupid to paint it while the wire is on the helmetYou would not be able to get any cammo under the wire to attach it. Leon.

Jan
    ?

I was just thinking the same thing. Personally I have my doubts about this helmet, also the Muller text looks a bit too "new" to me.

Jan

FALLSCHIRMJAGER and Jan, hear what your saying but your just so wrong on this one. It may seem stupid to paint a helmet with the wire on but that is what clearly happened with this one. And Muller looks a bit too new. Well this helmet came off the Island picked up by me myself out of an attic. It had been there for many years before I got to it and its as honest and original as they come. Just because you have never seen something like overpainted wire you can't call it just on that however daft you may think it is. The name in the helmet is perfectly fine and dates to the Occupation years. You guys may be used to made up and messed with helmets but here on a 9 mile by 5 mile Island that had in excess of 15,000 helmets at the end of the Occupation on the 9th of May 45 we had no real need to make helmets into something they were'nt...... there were tons of them to go around..... back then at least.
    I picked it up from a local family straight out of the attic, no one and nobody will ever make me believe any part of this helmet has been messed with. It had sat in the attic untouched till I took it out...thats part of th ebeauty of being somewhere where the things were used and left at the end of the day.

I have just seen the post by Spandau entitled...... Don't tell me they would'nt have worn it.......... For me that is exactly what I mean about this helmet, I know its totally 100% but others remain sceptical because they have never seen anything like it.

Nice helmet!

I've personally handled a "Normandy camo" German helmet that had the red-brown and green paint applied OVER the chickenwire. I should add that I was sitting on the couch next to the vet who brought it back, so it was no doubt authentic. I wish I could have gotten it from him, but it was to be "passed down to the grandkids" as his wife said...

By the way, nice helmet

I quite like it, but pics outside would be better to do it justice I think

The name doesn't worry me either really, it has a similar look to one of mine.

?

I see nothing wrong with this, it's not unusual at all in fact. With reference to the white personalization, white is the most difficult to photograph and with no disrespect intended to Comrade Jersey flash glare and artificial light makes it worse and hard to judge paint. Better pics would make these helmets pop a lot more but I understand not everyone has time or the inclination to make book quality photos.
    Cheers
    Thanks for posting all those helmets!
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast