Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German helmet with overpaint.

Article about: by FALLSCHIRMJAGER I like it alot,yet another interesting helmet,but it does seem to me a bit stupid to paint it while the wire is on the helmetYou would not be able to get any cammo under t

Default Re: German helmet with overpaint.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I like it alot,yet another interesting helmet,but it does seem to me a bit stupid to paint it while the wire is on the helmetYou would not be able to get any cammo under the wire to attach it. Leon.
    Hi Jersey,if you read my opinion carefully you will see that i was not suggesting that it was wrong in the slightest,just that in my opinion it is pointless to take away the use of the chicken wire by sealing it in to the helmet with the over paint.It is plain for all to see that this was period done,just daft. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmet with overpaint.
    P
    Many

I must agree with DougB here, I am crap with a camera even with the right situation, location and light. I realise I am not doing any of the helmets I have posted any favours with the photo's I have taken of them, but its the photo's I have taken or nothing. As all the helmet have been put back into boxes in storage till the day I am able to display them these photo's are all I have got to look at and have only just taken them. The helmets have been stored away for the last 5 years so even bad pics are nice for me to see.
    All the best,
    D.

Once again,a great collection and a pleasure to see them,just a shame you don't have room to display them.Seems such a shame that they have to go back in their boxes!! Leon.

Leon,
    Totally agree, I would love them to all be out but its just not possible to put out 250/300 helmets at this time....and it is a case of all or nothing. Going back to the chicken wire, once the paint was dry the wire it appears was easy to lift from the shell of the helmet and therefore foliage could easily still be applied. Just a shame that the wire was ever removed from the helmet in the first place.
    D.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Leon,
    Totally agree, I would love them to all be out but its just not possible to put out 250/300 helmets at this time....and it is a case of all or nothing. Going back to the chicken wire, once the paint was dry the wire it appears was easy to lift from the shell of the helmet and therefore foliage could easily still be applied. Just a shame that the wire was ever removed from the helmet in the first place.
    D.
    250 300 helmets all german. or a mix, of differrent nations. jersey

I only collect WW.2 German and mostly (97%) are from the Channel Islands. I also have a few German WW.1, but just in passing not for collectings sake.
    d.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I like it alot,yet another interesting helmet,but it does seem to me a bit stupid to paint it while the wire is on the helmetYou would not be able to get any cammo under the wire to attach it. Leon.
    I really do not think it would have been too difficult to pull the wire up after it was painted. They were not painting them for the aesthetic value, just a bit of old oil based paint I believe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2