Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Helmet pre WW2: Fire fighter or SS?

Article about: Hi, Question: what type of helmet is this (s. photos). Fire fighter, SS or ??? Your oppinion? rgds, 1939

?

First of all thank you for the prompt and helpful replies
    And after a little bit resarch I agree with most of you: it IS a Fire Police helmet! Reason: the national decal is angled -->German-Helmets.com
    I think the helmet is an Aurstiran M16, used after 1938 for Fire Police --> German-Helmets.com (note the position of the splits)

The Helmet looks similar as early SS, but the swastika is on the other side (s. Photo below).

Great Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet pre WW2: Fire fighter or SS?  

2. # ADS

MAP
    ?

Quote by 1939 View Post
    First of all thank you for the prompt and helpful replies
    And after a little bit resarch I agree with most of you: it IS a Fire Police helmet! Reason: the national decal is angled -->German-Helmets.com
    I think the helmet is an Aurstiran M16, used after 1938 for Fire Police --> German-Helmets.com (note the position of the splits)

The Helmet looks similar as early SS, but the swastika is on the other side (s. Photo below).

Great Forum
    At quick glance, yes but actually the swastika's on both helmets are different. On the SS helmet, they are borderd in black where on this Fire Police helmet it is all in white.

Glad you found the info provided by the guys helpful!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2