Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A German Helmet for review and opinions please

Article about: Hi All, Some time ago, I aquired this helmet but have done no research on it to date. Although a collector of German militaria, helmets are not realy my sphere of interest and my knowledge i

Default A German Helmet for review and opinions please

Hi All, Some time ago, I aquired this helmet but have done no research on it to date. Although a collector of German militaria, helmets are not realy my sphere of interest and my knowledge is pretty poor or worse!! I would appreciate any opinions or coments you may care to pass on this and the other helmets which I hope to show.

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A German Helmet for review and opinions please
    P
    Many

A complete M42 that may have been given a wash of shellac at some point, but a nice one none the less. Jim G.

Hi Michael, looks like you have a nice no decal M42 made by the HKP factory. The liner looks original as does the chinstrap. These no decal examples are becoming quite difficult to find now as so many are wrecked by clowns making fake SS lids! Leon.

Nice helmet !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Hey Michael.

As Leon and Jim note, looks like a nice clean M42 (with a coat of varnish, even under the lid). Is that electrical tape on the chin strap? Which also appears to be dated 1943. I can't make out the maker of the strap but looks like I can see a D and a W. Don't have my research materials with me (sorry don't know these off the top of my head) but maybe someone can help.

Liner appears to be in fantastic condition.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Jim, Thank you for your response and comments. You are quite correct about the shellac but it is actually boot polish which I use to protect the paint work on alot of my "stuff",

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Nice helmet.
    Vets liked putting a clear coat on helmets to keep them from rusting. I have had several over the years.
    It made sense to them.

Hi Leon, Thank you for your prompt reply to this thread. I greatly appreciate your information and comments. The reason for posting this and the forth comming requests on the helmet subject is that over the months on this Forum I have learned much and have gained absolute confidence in the opinions and integrity passed on by knowledgable fellow enthusiasts like you coverig just about any aspect of militaria collecting!!!!

Thank you once again Michael R

Thank you Lebus!!! Je Suis Charlie!!!

Regards Michael R

Hi Michael, Your comments are appreciated and respected. Varnish, no. Boot polish, yes.
    Cheers Michael R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast