Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german helmets

Article about: hello im hoping someone can help me out. i was recently helping my father in law clean out his basement when i came across these two beauties. He told me his father brought them back with hi

Default german helmets

german helmetsgerman helmetsgerman helmetsgerman helmetsgerman helmetsgerman helmetsgerman helmetshello im hoping someone can help me out. i was recently helping my father in law clean out his basement when i came across these two beauties. He told me his father brought them back with him from the war. ive done a little research and i think one is a luftshutz helmet and the other a double decal m40 polizei. If someone could tell me a little more about these helmets and what they are worth i would appreciate it...thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: german helmets

That's a very nice pair of helmets. One is an M38 Luftschutz, which appears to be a 3-piece from these photos. The other is a very nice, complete Polizei M42, not an M40.

Are you planning on selling these? Are you a collector? Welcome to the forum.

4md
    ?

welcome to the forum, both helmets look in great condition, nice!

?

That polizei M42 is sensational......I hope it's real!!!' closer pics of the decals would be great.....I'm drooling

?

I saw a single decal M42 polizei at a show here in oz and the bloke wanted 4 grand for it.....I put it down carefully and walked away

?

AMTG...LOL that's what I would do!

WELCOME! I like the helmets your dad in law own! especially the Polizei!
    ~Dean

thanks for your comments ....no im not a collector. They belonged to my father in-law, he got them from his father. My father in-law had 2 daughters, neither of whom were interested in the helmets, so he gave them to me. Ill take some more pics of the m-42 decals and post them. i can assure you these helmets are authentic. He also gave me some swords, i was told they were a us calvary sword, a japanese dress sword an indian dress sword and the forth he wasnt sure of, if anyone is interested in seeing theses i could post some pics....also a weird rifle with an octagon barrel marked "wahl.stuttgard" on the barrel. let me know if i should post those pics aswell.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I saw a single decal M42 polizei at a show here in oz and the bloke wanted 4 grand for it.....I put it down carefully and walked away
    I'm with you there..

Prices here are outrageous and most of the stuff seems to be put together yesterday...

It's a shame.

Is the Police helmet an EF?

Quote by cdnbroncfan View Post
    thanks for your comments ....no im not a collector. They belonged to my father in-law, he got them from his father. My father in-law had 2 daughters, neither of whom were interested in the helmets, so he gave them to me. Ill take some more pics of the m-42 decals and post them. i can assure you these helmets are authentic. He also gave me some swords, i was told they were a us calvary sword, a japanese dress sword an indian dress sword and the forth he wasnt sure of, if anyone is interested in seeing theses i could post some pics....also a weird rifle with an octagon barrel marked "wahl.stuttgard" on the barrel. let me know if i should post those pics aswell.
    We would , of course , like to see the pictures.
    |<
    ps you picked the right familly to get married to!! (lol!!)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast