Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German helmets.

Article about: Hej Iam new on this site and the last days I have seen so nice helmets, order etc this site. So here are some helmets and other items from my collection Regards Morten ..on

Default Re: German helmets.

I cannot comment on the camos because I haven't studied them enough to give you a good opinion, but I have a strong feeling that they were not painted before 1945.

The Luftwaffe helmets you posted, with the first pattern decals, are certainly not original. One of them has the decal on the wrong side of the helmet, and the swastika on it is also reversed. That's the first reversed-swastika decal I have ever seen.

As Doug mentioned before me, M40's never received the first pattern LW decal. I believe that you have original shells, but the paint and decals are no good.

Best regards,
    Mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets.
    P
    Many

I'd love to see the camo helmets with the red stripes, what would you have to expect to be hiding in if a red stripe was meant to camoflage you?

?

Hej Glenn66.
    Iam not sure the museum have pictures of this but I will try to mail to a guy that can have pictures of the helmet.
    The stribes was thin lines like grass it was very rusty from beeing in the sand. In this time a lot of rusty items was digged up. If you look by googlemaps and enter Hirtshals in Denmark. Then look in the outskirts in the vest side of the town there you find the lighthouse around this there is a very large bunker system it's now been dug out "about 50-60 %" and are now a museum.
    Yellow was used a lot on the southfront. My first camo helmet was white with green...the biggest problem was I sold it...this was so stupid...
    Regards Morten

ian
    ?

i have to say ,from my small experiance of helmets im am not happy with what i am seeing here and i agree with the coments made by better men than me
    cheers ian

?

Hej Ian.
    If you have been on this site for a long time and been very aktive in saying what you think / belive is good or bad. Does this make you a better mand "bigger expert" ? (",)
    Regards Morten

ian
    ?

Quote by Morten View Post
    Hej Ian.
    If you have been on this site for a long time and been very aktive in saying what you think / belive is good or bad. Does this make you a better mand "bigger expert" ? (",)
    Regards Morten
    AGREAD whole haertedly but I,m,h,o I do not much like what i see
    and like all here i am alowed to make comment (good or bad)
    please dont take offence as a fence can be heavy and aucward to take LOL
    oh and why have i been singeld out for comment when others who are more knowlagable than me and been here longer say the same thing ????
    is it cos i like a beer ?? LOL
    if i must coment
    the m40
    bad decal
    m35 bad decal wrong side
    the 1st ww helmet god knows which m no but thats a badun if ever i saw one
    now if you dont like what i say
    then im sure if im wrong
    some better men than me will tell me so
    and allso they will tell me why
    now that is what this forum is all about ,, if you are wrong except it and learn why ,,if you are wright ask why am i wright
    this forum is the best there is for learning
    and even the best experts here never stop learning
    anjd it does not ever get personal
    believe me if it douse get persnal people get removed very very quickely
    cheers ian
    Last edited by ian; 01-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.

?

Hej Ian.
    It wasen't ment to be an attack on you (",) But after to day I feel that if others haven't seen it before then its a fake and seeing this with 1 picture is hardcore ...(",). Iam more open minded about things that dosent fit in the books we must remember that they diden't make the helmets after how the collectors books said it had to be (",).
    Best regards Morten

ian
    ?

you have from your pics a good colection some of it is wonderfull with out question
    but as my self and others have said some is questionable
    so better pics would be great
    no one here wants to or will condem any thing off hand
    and better men than me will say what they see
    i have concerns (but thats me)
    enjoy your colection as i enjoy mine (most of which are fakes cos i cant aford the real thing)
    but that helps me to know fakes LOL
    cheers ian

ian
    ?

MORTEN good man spot on cheers ian

?

Hej Ian.
    In my mind there is 2 ways of collecting. 1. Buy from dealers... the price can be high and your not sure you get a good thing anyway...a lot of bad dealers make a living from this.
    The other way is to go and ask peopel on markets, guys that sell houses or the guys that buy all inside the house when the old granddad is past away.....from this I have 70-80 % of my collection or I buy direkt from relatives this is most in Germany but also in Denmark. The picture with the orders are all from one guy. I got it last week. I looked at this for the first time in year 2000 they diden't want to sell but I gave them my card...10 years later a mail and we found a fair price and that was it...
    So it's a bit hard when other guys say "I don't think the camo or other is ok" when you have seen them total in dust and dirt from a dry celler or under the roof of an old house. I gently clean them with W40 so after some time the color gets better.
    But as you said enjoy the collection (",)
    Thanks (",) the same to you Ian.
    Regards Morten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast