MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German helmets discovered in a warehouse in Finland.

Article about: Hello all, just came across this article today which some I hope may find interesting. If it has already been posted please feel free to delete it. Cache of Dreams: Thousands of German-made

Default Re: German helmets discovered in a warehouse in Finland.

Hello Guys,

Check my previous thread here, regarding the helmet I bought when visiting Finland recently:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...st-war-153527/

I have a feeling that these could be the same type of helmets. All the ones I saw were packed into a similar crate. Still a nice purchase though if you can get your hands on them (really pleased with mine despite the shiny new rivets!). As mentioned, the majority of the ones I saw were refurbished obviously for use by the Finns post war.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets discovered in a warehouse in Finland.
    P
    Many

?

Just relaying what I have heard. But if true the market price for helmets would crash. Then maybe I could afford an SS helmet without mortgaging my house.

I have heard of this too, but I am extremely skeptical. I would be interested in seeing photos of a few of these helmets from the person who owns them.

Quote by MGray View Post
    Just relaying what I have heard. But if true the market price for helmets would crash. Then maybe I could afford an SS helmet without mortgaging my house.
    Everyone would be able to buy an SS lid.
    And with an SS lid at every home, our hobby would be dead.
    Cheers
    Nuno

From looking at the photos through the link, there are none with any decals that I can see. The photo of the two close-ups are almost identical to mine. New paintwork, replaced liners etc etc. The identification of some with the maker marks shows that they're originally German made though.

I agree, that releasing these onto the market should bring helmet prices down. For way too long some dealers have charged extortionate prices for German helmets in far worse condition than these, even without the marks, decals etc.

Well done to the guy who managed to bring them into the light of day where folks can appreciate them!

I think it's fair to say that these helmets are not going to be "exactly"what us collectors are after.They will be lovely refurbished shells with no ww2 german history as such left to them as that will have been erased off of their lovely steel surfaces.Great for re-enactors but not for me(i doubt any SS decals are left!).

I think everybody will be very disappointed IF these $100 ss helmets would come to the marked because IF they would exist they would go immediately to one or a few dealers and nothing will change about the marked price. Only difference would be the dealer's gain!!!!

I don't think prices will go down a penny, actually. Maybe if I would have taken the time to read the article fully...

"“There is a mix of M38 Hungarian helmets in what we acquired,” said Alexander Cranmer, vice president of International Military Antiques (IMA). “I estimate that maybe 20 percent or so are M38 helmets of what I’ve pulled out so far.”

The vast majority are what IMA considers to be M40/55 helmets – as these are German produced helmets, but include reworked Finnish liners. IMA estimates about 10 percent of these helmets have German WWII-era stamps in the shells. The rest are likely postwar-supplied helmets from West Germany. According to Cranmer, all are German-made from the wartime era, regardless of when Finland received them."

Plus I'd like to add, an American found them, so if they find their way to the general public no doubt will have an inflated price. LOL
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

Well, who is interested can buy them - Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria Home page IMA-USA.COM. I'm not interested:-). There are no German WWII helmets and no SS helmets. Most of them are post WWII made helmets to Finland. Some are pre 1945 produced but with Finnish liners and paint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast