Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase

Article about: I asked for more and better pics. I will get them tonight and post them.

I asked for more and better pics. I will get them tonight and post them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase
    P
    Many

Regarding the droop tail Luft decal, before you buy it get some clear straight on shots. I am not convinced it is a good one from what we can see up to now.

That's exactly right!

What concerns me about the early bird helmet is the lack of wear on the decal while the paint is very much beaten up. Here are some areas I'm looking at that also concern me, until better photos are provided. If this seller is a serious helmet collector, he should know that these photos he provided are not acceptable.

German helmets i have the opportunity to purchaseGerman helmets i have the opportunity to purchase

That decal looks too new...there is no patina and the delineation may indicate repro...? The surrounding area looks like recent blue/gray paint possibly.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Anton ,I would be highly surprised if this never had a national shield as this is the early decal. The shield may have been over painted or removed , either way I would be happy but if the decal was never there at all I would be concerned that the "droop tail" is either a fake or a post war applied original. I think you really need to tread carefully as there are also most defiantly more fake chinstraps than just the one! Leon.
    Back to my thought about no sign of an over painted/removed tri-colour. That would indicate a fake "droop tail". I think the more we look at this one the more suspicious it gets! Leon.

?

You need to post closeups of the decals, head on with no flash glare. Otherwise it is all guessing.

Here is the side without the decal:
    more to come later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase   German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase  

You asked for better pics and thats what you got. Honestly, I'd be done at this point.

Here is what he gave me so far.
    I told him to go back and get me a photo of the decal strait on with natural light.

- - ------- - -

These probably do not help you much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase   German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase  

German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase   German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase  

German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase   German helmets i have the opportunity to purchase  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast