Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German K.I.A helmet

Article about: I don't know, does this look like blood on the helmet, kinda looks like it ran down underneath the liner band? just for thought, thanks!

Default German K.I.A helmet

I don't know, does this look like blood on the helmet, kinda looks like it ran down underneath the liner band? just for thought, thanks!German K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmetGerman K.I.A helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German K.I.A helmet
    P
    Many

Hard to say for definite, but it does look like it Could be blood rot, as even the drawstring is discolored.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hard to say for definite, but it does look like it Could be blood rot, as even the drawstring is discolored.
    Agreed, hard to say for sure, but it's a possibility.

Brad.

?

Take a sample and go to the doctors offise. ask if they can test it to see if it is blood.

Forensics use ultraviolet light to find blood at crime scenes.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

....... or just some sort of oil dried out. ( seeing as it goes up and over the liner edges )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think it is the remains of oil used to try and restore the liner.

Agreed with the oil and it looks like it's still sticky because the lint looks like it's sticking to it

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ....... or just some sort of oil dried out. ( seeing as it goes up and over the liner edges )
    I see what you mean but the oil/blood is only staining one side of the steel, as if it were on it's side for a while when the "incident" occurred! Obviously from these images alone I cannot say one way or the other but I would not rule out blood damage. Leon.

Nah, I dont think it is blood. I had a few lids that I dugg up that were 100 procent KIA and it din't look like this. Dried up blood on the inside of a helmet doesn't look like this after 70 years. I have had helmets with pieces of skull and hair stuck inside and none of them looked like this. To me this looks like oil or grease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast