Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German K.I.A helmet

Article about: I don't know, does this look like blood on the helmet, kinda looks like it ran down underneath the liner band? just for thought, thanks!

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Nah, I dont think it is blood. I had a few lids that I dugg up that were 100 procent KIA and it din't look like this. Dried up blood on the inside of a helmet doesn't look like this after 70 years. I have had helmets with pieces of skull and hair stuck inside and none of them looked like this. To me this looks like oil or grease.
    Fair enough mate, you would be the best judge! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German K.I.A helmet
    P
    Many

Yeah it's hard to say too..Thank you all for your thoughts on this..It very well could be greese too

All the lint is only stuck to the "blood" areas and no where's else, blood wouldn't be sticky after 70 years.

?

I think possibly the soldier did it himself your helmet is still very nice the shell finish is first rate and refreshing to see thank you for showing.

Eric

I think it could be, the rot to the liner , the cut chin strap is another sign

?

Blood ages dries cracks and shrinks leather ask OJ Simpson, this liner has just deteriorated over the decades much like me when I look in a mirror.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2