Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German lightweight Helmet

Article about: Hi Everyone, I hope I am in the right place, I only joined today, I need some advice on the helmet attached, I have only just started collecting German Military items (Japanese is my main th

Kamikaze
    ?

Default German lightweight Helmet

German lightweight HelmetGerman lightweight HelmetGerman lightweight Helmet
    Hi Everyone, I hope I am in the right place, I only joined today, I need some advice on the helmet attached, I have only just started collecting German Military items (Japanese is my main theme) I was told this was a genuine ww2 Lightweight helmet. But reading the forum i am now not sure. I have tried hard to find out more about the stamping on the liner, but not sure of the date. There is a gap between the liner and the helmet shell. Can you please help

2. # ADS

Hi, welcome to the forum, I think you have a post war helmet there, where the vent hole is, It would have once had a fine wire mesh in the "gap". Leon.

Kamikaze
    ?

Hi Leon, Thanks for your input, Looks like I an going to have to bite the bullet on this one. Was advertised as a rare WW2 lightweight parade helmet. Still I will learn, or stick to Japanese. Mike