Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M35??

Article about: I saw a helmet described as WW2 German M35 on Ebay. After I made an impulse bid, I noticed upon closer inspection of the picture that the chinstrap rings look like they are attached directly

?

Default German M35??

I saw a helmet described as WW2 German M35 on Ebay. After I made an impulse bid, I noticed upon closer inspection of the picture that the chinstrap rings look like they are attached directly to the interior of the shell instead of the liner. Also, the helmet size was stamped within a square of white ink inside the inner skirt.

So what sort of helmet is this?

BTW.... I was outbidded.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35??
    P
    Many

Default Re: German M35??

Can you find the auction again and post some pictures?

Just for future reference, post pictures whenever you start a thread. That way you can get better and more immidiate responses.

Also, try to avoid helmets on Ebay. The ones at bargain prices are fake and the original ones go for high enough prices that you are better off looking at dealer sites.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Can you find the auction again and post some pictures?

Just for future reference, post pictures whenever you start a thread. That way you can get better and more immidiate responses.

Also, try to avoid helmets on Ebay. The ones at bargain prices are fake and the original ones go for high enough prices that you are better off looking at dealer sites.
    Dear Mr. ObKrieger, Thanks for you quick response. I wasn't able to copy the pic from Ebay (is there a way to do this?), but here's the link:

Original WWII M35 German Helmet with Liner - eBay (item 170592400496 end time Jan-23-11 11:03:15 PST).

Here you go:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M35??   German M35??  

?

Thanks Dan!

Looks like a WWII shell, refitted with a post war liner and chin strap assembly. I think you saved $102 that could go to a period piece. Jim G.

I agree with what Jim said.

Sometimes, however, these post-war black painted helmets can be jackpots. They won't end up being a prefect untouched original helmet, but more often that not you can carefully remove the black paint and reveal the original paint and perhaps even a decal underneath.

Looks like its been adapted to be used on a Motorbike.... i.e. the chinstrap secured to the helmet

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Looks like its been adapted to be used on a Motorbike.... i.e. the chinstrap secured to the helmet
    I would say post war West German rework/reissue from the liner and the chinstrap. Jim G.

?

I agree with Jim it appears to be a messed about with postwar german border guards helmet, heres a pic of a liner of one very similar, rgds Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images German M35??