Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a German M35 helmet?

Article about: Hello To All, I got this helmet at a gunshow at least 15-20 years ago. I know it's not spanish as I have one of those,but It looks like a M35 but the liner is black with metal eyelets and th

?

Default Is this a German M35 helmet?

Is this a German M35 helmet?Is this a German M35 helmet?Hello To All,
    I got this helmet at a gunshow at least 15-20 years ago. I know it's not spanish as I have one of those,but It looks like a M35 but the liner is black with metal eyelets and the air vents look to be brass.There are no size or mfg marking on it. The liner band is made of aluminum and the liner is held to the band with a coarse cotton string. The helmet did not come with chin straps or the liner draw string,those were added later.
    If this is not the correct place for this thread please feel free to move it!!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a German M35 helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this a German M35 helmet?

Its not an M35, its post war m35 style, non period liner, wrong chinstrap, , quite a few countries copied these post war

?

Thanks Dave,
    I mentioned in my post that the helmet did not come with a chin strap and that was put on later. (By me for Halloween getup) So don't look at the chin strap or the leather draw string for the liner for ID purposes, But thank you for that info!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Early German helmets did have an aluminum liner band. But it looks like this one was repainted recently, and given a mix of post war parts. Paint could be covering the skirt markings. As Dave said, many countries did copy this German design; Finland, China, Spain, and Hungary among others. Hard to tell by the one picture of the exterior, but the paint looks way too 'light' to be original M35 feldgrau. That, coupled with the lack of a decal and original liner suggest post war repaint, if in fact this shell is an original German. Does it have a insertable air-vent bushing or is the air-vent stamped?

Corey

?

The air vents are insertable and like mentioned look like brass. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. I took it outside and took this one of the air vent on the other side of the helmet.

Semper Fi
    Phil

A few South American countries used m 35 style helmets, Chilean perhaps?...

Bump for this thread.

Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a German M35 helmet?   Is this a German M35 helmet?  

[h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Any stamps at all inside.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hey Gunny,
    That is where I started and I am about half way down that list and have not found anything that matches the rivet pattern used on my helmet or the black liner. I will keep searching until I hit the bottom of that list.

Steve,
    I have looked for markings /stamps all along the skirt and in the dome and on the liner inside and outside of it and I can not find anything.

Are there any other site's that have helmets of the world (I goggled that already)that I can go to and check out the pic's?
    Thanks Guy's for trying ID this. I do appreciate it!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast