Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet

Article about: Hello, looking for opinions on this Vet Art. The red paint looks like it has been on the helmet for some time, but possibly post war. Also the inscriptions/etching in the snow camo paint has

Default German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet

Hello, looking for opinions on this Vet Art. The red paint looks like it has been on the helmet for some time, but possibly post war. Also the inscriptions/etching in the snow camo paint has a sort of black discoloring around the edges which gave me a red flag.

any opinions, history available would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet   German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet  

German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet   German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet  

German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet   German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet  

German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M35 Snow Camo - Vet Art, Vet Bring Back Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You get lots of opinions I'm sure but I don't like it at all.

Why have a snow camo in October?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like the application of the white paint. but it appears to have been applied over blackened, pitted rust. Unless the white paint has chipped post war & the helmet was left in a sub standard environment taking in moisture...it appears dubious. Any provenance as far as post war storage ? IE: garage, basement, attic etc.etc.
    D.

We don't have snow in october.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Post war done in my opinion.

?

Frank has it , a post war White camo / Vet bringback production !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

MAP
    ?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    We don't have snow in october.
    My point exactly
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think the white is painted over an already rusty helmet. The place names with the black discolouration over the white paint is also suspicious of an attempt at giving patina to new scratches. May well be a vet bring back, but has had post war interference for sure.

Also a lot of rust/chipping to the front visor which is at odds with the condition of the paint.

Thank you for all the help Gents, my suspicion reconfirmed. Greatly appreciated.